5 Ways to bond better as a family
Created by Shweta Chopra Updated on Jul 27, 2020
A family is the first school that we get to attend on the material plane.It introduces us to the core virtues and values we must learn and imbibe.As life seems to be a roller coaster ride in the modern age, quality over quantity is key.Those who are blessed with the comfort of a loving and sound family are welcomed joyously into this world. They are nurtured with warmth, shelterand food. We shower all our love and care upon our infants and as they gradually grow into toddlers we teach them easy and happy ways of becoming independent.By the time the 'apple of our eye' starts regular school, a lot more takes over his/her precious hours– sports, art and craft classes, music, friends, etc.
As we all find ourselves pressed for time with organising our and our children’s lives,here are some wonderful ways to bond together as a family and remember, it’s always best to start early:
1. Wake up with a smile: Our brain waves are deeply synced to our subconscious mind when we are asleep and as we pull ourselves out of sleep; it is the best time to let a message seep deeply into the subconscious.This is why it is suggested that affirmations are reaffirmed first thing in the morning.So a cuddle and a few loving words would make your child feel loved and secure and this memory will go deep into their subconscious, leaving a happy psychic impression.The same applies to our partners.The day is set when we wake up with a loving smile.
2. Welcome your child home with love: When I was young, every time I returned home from school I was welcomed by the most cheerful 'Hello' from my mother, it made me feel special and her excitement made me forget the little stresses I had felt during the day.It felt that I made her day just by merely being there!Today,it’s almost like an automated reaction when my kids return from school–I greet them with a cheerful voice and a little cuddle that reminds them how much they are loved.
3. A family that prays together stays together: I feel surprised when age old wisdom proves to be equally true even today. When I created an altar in my home, and spend some time there lighting candles, chanting, connecting and unwinding mentally and emotionally – I realised the power point it became for my children as well. Every time they faced any challenge regarding friends, teachers, studies, stubbornness, irritability, lack of sleep, etc. I would ask them to light a candle in the name of the problem, breathe deep, and ask the light to replace lack with abundance and stress with peace.On days when we would have more time, we would chant and sing together too.Almost like magic they would come back beaming due to the result this simple practice got them. It helped build faith in the energy we call 'God', and it also taught them that the power of our intention can indeed melt hearts and move mountains!
4. Share your life story with them: Let your children know about your childhood struggles and how you overcome them with courage. Children love stories but more so if they are real life stories of resilience and bravery.It teaches our children to learn many truths and prepares their mind to hold on to the determination and grace that lies within them.This develops compassion and builds respect, which areessentialqualitiesfor your children to have.
5. Give them the space to discover themselves: Disciplining kids today has become like rocket science, it makes some of us lose the joy and essence of parenthood.By forcing our child to excel in one area of their life we sometimes make them sacrifice a huge part of something that is most precious - their childhood!Let your children indulge in doing nothing atall sometimes - no chores, no homework, no video games, no cooking or soccer classes.This is when we truly get to know and discover ourselves.I call this the 'Power of Nothingness’. It is extremely rejuvenating to sit back on that couch and reverently look at all the old pictures and memories we captured.It is a great way to make our kids relive their childhood, and a great way to bond as a family.
Families bond in love and laughter when we connect more than control. Accept more than you expect and communicate lovingly more than condemning your child.We all go out of our way to give our children the best in life. The earlier we start strengthening them emotionally and spiritually, the deeper the roots of our family tree will reach.Last but not the least - parents that bond well together leave a silent yet strong impact on their child's mind.They learn more from what we do V/S what we say.
Did you find Shweta’s tips on family bondinguseful? How do you spend quality time with your child? Do leave your comments…. We love hearing from you!
| Aug 02, 2017
Very very heart warming article. I truly agree on each n every word.... even if I do each n every small thing which is very close to your article I got to learn a lot from this for which I must say a big thank you from my side... A child's mind is like clay n its moulds the day we do.... A child's entire world is in the happiness he sees in his parents eyes when he is around. It makes him feel that he has a special place in the parents life n heart... Though all parents love their kids.... doing small things to make him realise this love is also very important. When a child enters into this world it is difficult for him as he is going out of his family cradle for the first time... he longs for his mother day long in his subconscious mind... so if he is greeted with love he feels his importance in the eyes of his parent. When my kids went to school after a period of one and a half months of their vacations I felt very lonely at home cos we really had a gala time all those days.... playing ,giggling , watching animation films n having the entire fun together as a family... But I didn't keep it to myself.... I recorded my feelings in my cell n made them hear when they. returned home. to my surprise there were tears of you in their eyes at such a small age... I felt that they can understand and express their feeling at such a small age. Generally when kids return home from school family members ask them about school, teachers, classwork, incomplete books.... etc but what I have learned that a kid should be asked a single precious question as soon as we greet him after a long tiring day.... Just ask him "How r u dear?".... This 'you' is very important cos it's a care only about him and not the other things done in school... Other question must be important but secondary.... Giving them time and sharing stories gives them a teaching that even they should share each and every thing with their parents n this helps for life long. As they grow up they get into a habit of telling each n every situation good n bad to their parents as they are now confident that they r going to get help n solution in each situation. this helps to create a healthy understanding relation in between two generations which is the need of the hour in today's times... And ofcourse I learnt a new thing from this article.... it's more important to create a bonding than just having control over kids... Thank you so much n keep on giving valuable tips for parents to bring out the best in our children... Good day .
| Aug 07, 2017
Here are 4 easy ways to bond with your toddler. https://www.parentcircle.com/article/4-easy-ways-to-bond-with-your-toddler/
| Jun 04, 2020
I have been married with my wife for 6 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she does not love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like i always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to Dr Emu. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. You can contact him via email: Emutemple@gmail. com He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him through his whats-app number: +2347012841542 For more destails about Dr Emu you can visit his Website: http://emutemple.website2.me/