6 Food Items To Ease Out Period Pain
Created by Ridhi Dogra Updated on Jul 05, 2022
From severe cramps to untimed mood swings and cravings, let’s face it girls' periods can be a tough nut to crack. The constant sense of uneasiness coupled with headache and nausea can be an unpleasant experience. From taking painkillers to warm water bottles, there comes a time when nothing seems to work on these evil period cramps! But what if we tell you that there are certain food items that can ease out your period cramps? Well, not kidding! In this article we will talk about the different types of food items that will offer you relief from the cramps. So, below is the list of the food items that will help you make it through your day when you are having cramps.
Top 6 Food Items to Ease Out Period Cramps
- Bananas- Well, bananas are great for period cramps. The fruit is a rich source of fiber and will also help you with the easy bowel movements. And as a result you will feel less bloated and experience less pain overall. To add to this, bananas are also an excellent source of magnesium, which is known to reduce period cramps to a great extent.
- Chamomile Tea- Another underrated yet effective way to deal with period cramps is to include chamomile tea in your daily routine. In fact, chamomile tea is an excellent beverage choice for period cramps since it is rich in anti-inflammatory properties that will subside your period pain to a great extent. Apart from this, it will also regulate your mood, as it will have a soothing effect on the nervous system.
- Ginger- Ginger is one of the most common ingredients found across Indian households. Well, ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties that can offer you immediate relief against the period cramps and other types of discomfort. Moreover, as per many scientific studies ginger is also known to reduce the nausea feeling common in girls when they’re having their periods. You can have a cup of ginger tea and it will make you feel warm and comfortable.
- Turmeric- Just like ginger, even turmeric is an integral part of the Indian households and it contains a plethora of medicinal properties. Therefore, just like ginger, even turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that can offer you relief from the period cramps and discomfort.
- Soaked Raisins and Kesar- Well, a regular habit of consuming raisins that have been soaked overnight and drinking kesar water is shown to ease out period cramps to a great extent as well as the mood swings and the bloating.
- Vitamin C- When we say Vitamin C we mean that try to include Vitamin-C rich food items in your diet as it is an excellent source of fiber and it will make you feel better when talking about period cramps. During your period cycle you tend to lose a significant amount of red blood cells from your body than your body can actually make up. Therefore, a daily dose of Vitamin C such as lemons and oranges can be highly beneficial for the better iron absorption into your body from the food you consume throughout your periods. Lemons contain fiber that will help in tackling muscle spasm. While oranges contain potassium and magnesium to a higher degree when compared to lemons and this can alleviate your menstrual pain to a great level.
These are the top 6 food items that will offer you relief from the period cramps and also make you feel relaxed and comfortable. And the best way to wave goodbye to your bloating and period cramps is by eating a healthy and nutritional diet. Make sure you don’t skip your meals and have a proper diet throughout the day especially when you are having your periods. Additionally, drink lots of water to avoid dehydration. Apart from diet, you can also indulge in light exercises that will specifically help you with your core and lower half of the body such as yoga, and walking.
Eat Healthy and Have Painless Periods!