Is Almond Oil Good for Stretch Marks During and After Pregnancy?
Created by Cheena M Gujral Updated on Nov 14, 2020
Do you know the most effective ways to remove pregnancy stretch marks?
Do you know about almond oil for stretch marks during pregnancy?
If being mother is the most wonderful emotion in a woman's life, then pregnancy is a phase which facilitates the same. In the course of pregnancy, her body faces many physical and hormonal chances. She witness transform in her body sizes to the unpredictable mood swings. The changes are not confined to pre birth or pregnancy only; the stretch marks are prone to affect your body even after the delivery. Before and after giving birth to the little one, the female body is undergoing loads of tempering. Over abundance of the hormones lead to stretching, pulling and tearing of skin causing Stretch marks.
In this article, we will look at some natural ways to prevent and treat stretch marks during and after pregnancy.
What are Stretch Marks & Few Facts?
It is a modification in the skin due to distortion in collagen and elastin fibers. It is a kind of cosmetic skin defect majorly on the portions of the body which have more tendencies to deposit fats. That is the reason stretch marks are often seen over pregnant woman's hips, breast, belly, thighs and back.
- Research says 85-90% stretch marks appear during pregnancy or lactation
- The stretch marks break skin fiber and blood vessels, leading to modified skin color
- They have genetic links. That means if your mother got it, then you will also have the marks in tenure of pregnancy
What Are The Benefits Of Almond Oil In Pregnancy?
Almond oil is one of the most effective natural remedy in controlling stretch marks. The results are very prominent in women who were regular in applying almond oil for pigmented skin during pregnancy.
Sometimes the chemical lotions or creams available in market may induce allergy and cause rashes in pregnant woman. In such scenarios, applying natural remedies for stretch marks is much suggested. This is why almond oil is most simple and natural cure for marks.
Is It Safe To Use Almond Oil During Pregnancy?
Yes it is safe to use almond oil during pregnancy. There are loads of cosmetics available to treat the marks in market but their chemical nature make them unsuitable to be used in pregnancy. They are unnatural so could be harsh on skin during the sensitive time of nursing. So to avoid unwanted allergic symptoms, it is suggested to switch to natural oils like almond oil.
What Is The Difference Between Sweet Almond Oil And Natural Almond Oil?
There are two species of almond tree that gives both bitter and sweet almond oils. Both the oils have different physical and chemical properties. They have distinct feature and usages also. They vary on their skin application too.
- While Sweet almond oil comes from the edible almonds that are exclusively cultivated for their sweet taste, the bitter almond oil comes from another species of almond tree and is bitter in taste
- Sweet almond oil is a fixed oil, while bitter almond oil is known as essential oil
- Sweet almond oil is used in massages and directly applied on skin, while bitter oil is used for scents and aromas mainly in food and products
- Sweet almond oil is an excellent lubricant and beneficial for skin, while bitter almond oil is used for smell in soaps, lip balms or bars
- Sweet almond oil is much preferred in direct skin moisturising purposes, while the bitter almond oil is generally avoided for massages during pregnancy
How Almond Oil Works On Skin?
- It is rich in Vitamin E, mono saturated fatty acids, proteins, Zinc and potassium, so it has good healing capacity for the damaged skin fibre
- Almond oil helps in improving the skin tone, thus fade away the stretch marks
- It increases the supply of nutrients to skin and make it flexible
- It supports the collagen fibre and improves the skin
- Almond oil improves the skin structure binding the collagen and elastin fibre
- It has anti inflammatory and regenerative properties
- Being rich source of vitamins F, E, A and B2, almond oil act as anti ageing oil
- When used in combination of essential oils like lavender, olive etc, it gains anti stretching properties
How To Use Almond Oil For Stretch Marks?
Since almond oil is highly emollient and is easily absorbed by our skin, you can also use it as a moisturiser and apply it on the areas where there are stretch marks. Vitamin E is known for its skin repairing properties hence, sweet almond oil when applied on the stretch marks can help lighten them and even reduce them. In fact according to the experts if you use the combination of sweet and bitter almond oils and massage your body with it, it can also helps in reducing the development of stretch marks during pregnancy.
If looking for DIY almond oil lotions & procedure to make them, check few homemade almond oil lotion recipes are mentioned here for better understanding.
Almond Oil Scrubs & Their Application
Before starting with any natural remedy it is always advisable to scrub off the dead skin so that the effect penetrates deep into the skin. Almond oil can be mixed with other components for beneficiary almond oil scrubs.
- Almond oil and yogurt, when mixed with zest of lemon, is a very impactful scrub. Lemon is known for its lightening properties. Thus this scrub works well on marks. Apply it twice a week for good results
- Mango butter and Shea are important ingredients when mixed with almond oil and used in water bath. It helps a lot to lighten the marks during and after pregnancy. Add few drops of olive oil as an magic component
- Sesame oil and almond oil mixture is also an wonderful scrub base for diminishing stretch marks. Apply it before bed time for quick results. It has to be applied for a month seeking good results
- Sugar and lemon juice base when mixed with almond oil is well acquainted scrub for stretch marks. The well known anti tan properties of lime will be reducing marks soon.
- There are many Old wives’ tales about completely erasing stretch marks, but truth is, one cannot wean self from this effect. Though, the proper care and prevention can minimise their visibility. So care from the very beginning is vital
- Proper nutrition for optimal weight metabolism is very essential. So that the fluctuations in body size is less
- Special lotion bands for body after and before bath, help minimising marks
- Keep self massaging oil when ever it's possible for you. It increases the chance for body fibre to heal
- Whatever you choose as remedy, be regular with it. Irregularities bring slow remedial effects
- Be patient, as major improvements don't happen overnight. Devote some time for positive outcomes
- Keep in regular touch with your medical advisor to avoid any allergic reactions
Hope this information on almond oil will help you treat your stretch marks in a better way. Did you like the post on almond oil being good for stretch marks or not? Please do share your views and experience on the same in the comments section below.
| Nov 18, 2020
A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND. Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail. com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542
| Dec 26, 2020
I used stretch mark removal dermalmd serum throughout my entire pregnancy and did not get one single stretch mark! I used stretch mark removal serum twice a day and really slathered it on and it helped a ton. This was my first pregnancy and I was a little scared of how bad my stretch marks would get... I never thought I WOULDN'T get them! :) Very happy customer!