Amid Covid Surge Essential Safety Precautions Parents Need To Follow With Schools Set To Reopen From 4th July
Created by Ridhi Dogra Updated on Jun 28, 2022
After a long summer break of 2 months, it's finally the time for your kids to go back to school from 4th July onwards. And most of the schools across India have already opened up. But, one thing that can be a major source of stress for the parents are the increasing covid cases across the country.
As you know that for the last few weeks India has been reporting an increase in the total number of Covid-19 cases, so this has become a major cause of concern for the parents. But as the wise saying goes that the learning should not stop, we have come up with a helpful guide especially for the parents using which you can prepare your kids effortlessly for their school amidst rising Covid-19 cases. So, in this article we will talk about the essential safety precautions that every parent should follow to ensure the overall safety of their children.
Safety Precautions Parents Need To Follow With Schools Set To Reopen From 4th July
1. Ask Kids to Take Their Covid-19 Vaccination Shots- First and foremost, as a parent it is your responsibility to ensure that your kids are properly vaccinated. A vaccination shot will protect your kids from getting seriously ill as it will mitigate the overall impact of the infection. With a covid-19 shot, your child will be 100% safe in school and they will be able to participate in all the extracurricular activities with much enthusiasm.
2. Befriend Face Mask- It is important to educate your child about the healthy benefits of wearing a face mask during the covid time. However, even if you are vaccinated make sure that you and your kids wear a face mask properly. It’s not a hidden fact that kids have a weak immune system so the best way to ensure the safety and the overall well being of their immune system is by asking them to wear a mask as in when they step out in public. Since your child will be wearing the face mask in school keep the following considerations in mind-
- The mask should be comfortable and breathable.
- Make sure that your child carries an extra mask in case of any emergency.
- Properly label your child’s mask by writing down their name so that they don’t end up using someone else’s mask. Educate Your Child.
3. Educate Your Child About Social Distancing - Till date not many kids are aware about the term ‘social distancing’. So as parents you can adopt various creative ways to educate your child about the same. You can explain to your child about the significance of the concept by citing examples from real-life situations. This will help in broadening your kid’s understanding about social distancing.
4. Personal Hygiene is Important- Not only parents but even the schools and various other educational institutions should take necessary steps to create awareness about personal hygiene and its relevance in the covid-19 situation. Right from washing hands for 2 minutes, to using a hand sanitizer, and washing clothes and shoes in disinfectants like dettol is what every child should be able to do.
5. Don’t Avoid the Symptoms- Lastly, make sure that you don’t avoid any symptoms in your kid and don’t even try to take it lightly. Whether it is a sneeze or a simple cough, make sure that you are in contact with your child’s pediatrician so that you can seek medical attention at the right time. Ensure that if your child is down with fever, cough, or cold you don’t send them to school. Let them rest at home and once they recover then you can send them to school.
These are the 5 essential safety precautions that every parent should follow ahead of the schools opening from the 4th of July 2022. Mask and proper awareness are the 2 key things using which your child will be well-protected and safe. As parents you need to ensure that you are transparent with your kid and are talking to them about everything that is happening around be it the increasing covid cases. These safety measures will keep you and your kids safe and healthy.
Wear Your Mask and Sanitize Your Hands!