Are you a 'morning mom' -- 10 Ways to boost your day
Created by Parentune Support Updated on May 02, 2022
Earlier, I used to wake up on most days dreading what lay ahead. And we all know that's definitely not the right attitude to start your day with. So I decided to incorporate a few changes in my morning routine to help me feel refreshed.
Personally nowadays, I clean my kitchen counter, wash the dishes and chopthe veggies required for tomorrow’s breakfast, the previous night, which makes me feel a lot less overwhelmed when I wake up.
Here are some other tips you can follow:
- Do some light stretching when you open your eyes to awaken your body, instead of jumping out of bed straight away.
- Drink two glasses of water first thing in the morning, preferably with lime and honey
- Put on some soothing music to calm your nerves.
- Do yoga or meditation for 10 minutes if possible.
- Write out a list of things you plan to accomplish that day. There’s nothing more rewarding than striking things off a to-do list!
- Prioritise your chores.For example, the first thing I do is put the clothes in washing machine. By the time I’m done with other things, the clothes will all be washed and clean.
- Enjoy your morning cup of tea or coffee with the newspaper, at your own pace. Make sure everyone knows that’s your time and you don’t like to be disturbed.
Do you follow any of these? How do you make sure you’re up and about first thing in the morning? Let us know in the comments below!