Baby Laundry Tips & Tricks
Created by Kshitij Yadav Updated on Apr 23, 2020
There are loads of things to learn and do for the parents of a newborn baby in the busy exciting weeks. When there’s a baby around, happening of spills and stains are inevitable. Out of other challenges, washing pile of dirty clothes of baby is one of the early challenges for new parents.
Majority of babies have delicate skin which could be irritated by rough clothes and regular detergents. So, the question that new parents usually ask is how to wash baby clothes for first time?Not to worry at all.
Easy Baby Laundry Tips:Here are some best tips for baby laundry. Read on.
- It is absolutely necessary to wash baby’s clothes before they're worn. The reason why you should do so is because these clothes are sprayed with formaldehyde to look new and unwrinkled. Since a new baby's skin is so sensitive and soaks in so much of what touches it, you don't want to take any chances
- Most of the new parents find that baby detergents are less effective. Others just can't stand the expenses of buying a special product for the baby. If you decide to try regular detergent, choose a liquid they tend to rinse out more. Detergent powders leave flakes on fabric that can irritate the infant's skin
- In addition to washing your baby's clothes, always remember to wash anything that will touch the baby's skin including wearable blankets, bedding, and your clothes as well
- When you're dealing with a non-food stains that result from lotions and baby oils, you need to simply make a paste of the powder by mixing a little bit of water and apply it directly to the stains. Let it sit for 30 minutes and then wash it
- Be always ready to have exploding diapers. And baby poop is no fun to deal with when it's caked into clothing. Washing those clothes with a laundry pre-treater is highly recommended
Did you like the blog? Did you find it useful? Do share your thoughts with us in the comments section below; we’d love to hear from you.