Boost your metabolism and stay young and fit!
Created by Dr Sunita Choudhary Updated on Nov 30, 2021
In day to day life we see even after doing vigorous exercise and dieting we don't lose weight whereas people around us tend to eat and still don't gain weight. Reason is your Basal metabolic rate is low. Let us know simple tips to boost you BMR
What Is Basal Metabolic Rate Or BMR?
Basal Metabolic Rate is number of calories your body needs to function. To increase your BMR and burn extra calories you need to enhance your digestive fire. The agni inside you should be strong enough to burn extra fat.
How Can I Build My Metabolism Through Exercise?
One of the best ways to build your metabolism is through regular exercise. Exercising burn more calories as compared to fat cells so if you are doing regular aerobics or lifting weights then you are doing your metabolism a great favour as you are ensuring that your muscles are becoming an efficient calorie-burning machine.
Can I Build My Basal Metabolism Rate Forever?
Yes, with few lifestyle changes you can boost your BMR. Some of those changes include
- High intensive exercises: While your regular exercises does raise your metabolism rate when you stop exercising the metabolism comes back to its regular rate, hence go for high intensity cardio exercises, which even when you are resting ensures that your metabolism rate is high
- Don’t skip your breakfast: Your mommy must have told you this and there is a reason for it. After an 8 hour fast your metabolism rate is at lowest so how do you rev it up? By eating your breakfast yes. So don’t skip it and go for a combination of carbs and proteins instead of sugar
- Eat small meals regularly: Eating frequent meals ensures that your metabolism is always at work thus burning out extra fat on a regular basis
- Avoid junk food: Junk food doesn’t do anything else other than satisfying your taste buds. So avoid it if you want to increase your metabolism rate
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water, as water flushes out all the extra toxins and thus boosting your metabolism rate.
- Include proteins in your diet: Proteins help your muscles in burning calories easily and also strengthens them. So include proteins in your diet
Home Remedies To Increase Your Metabolism
Some of the home remedies to boost your basal metabolism rate are mentioned below.
- Warm water: Start your day with warm water along with a dash of lemon and honey. Combination of honey and lemon aids in fat loss and also revs you thus increasing your metabolism rate.
- Massage: Surprised? Well yes it is true that massaging helps you in getting rid of unwanted fat and if you follow it with sun-bathing you can help your body get rid of all the toxins through sweating.
- Diet: Avoid mid meals snacking as it lowers agni. Eating raw and uncooked food also lowers agni. Warm liquids like vegetable soups, green tea, semi solids like khichdi and fresh fruit juices are best to raise your basic metabolism rate.
- Sleep: Do not compromise on your beauty sleep if you want to increase your metabolism rate since all the energy is diverted towards digestion so sound sleep of 8 hours is must to increase our agni. To get good sleep massage your feet with sesame or mustard oil, say some prayers before sleeping.
- Exercise: Sedentary lifestyle lowers your BMR. Some work out is a must and should be part of your daily routine. Exercise to half of your strength until sweat is visible on your forehead and armpits.
- Ayurvedic herbs: Triphala 1 tsp while sleeping with warm water removes toxins from our body and will help in boosting your metabolism rate.
- Fasting: Once in a month fasting is good to give your digestive system a boost the metabolism rate.
These simple tips will help you stay fit and help you in detoxifying your body. The natural glow will be visible on your face making you look young. In your work place try to stand in between take a break to mobilize and stretch your body.
Did you like the blog on how to boost your metabolism and stay fit? Please do share your views and feedback in the comments section below.
| Dec 05, 2017
For weight loss you need to get yourself tested for diabetes,worms or any prolonged illness related to bowel like indigestion,loose stool etc. weight loss with fever is sign of tuberculosis. I m not scaring you but one should rule out any pathological condition causing weight loss