8 Breakfast Food Ideas During Exams
Created by Puja Sharma Vasisht Updated on Sep 15, 2018
Exam times are here again! It is time to provide the right type of food and nutrition to your child to help memorize and focus better. Foods selected should also provide for better concentration. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it should be so planned to help your child study better.
Whole grains like oats muesli, dalia, chirwa are high in fiber help release glucose slowly into the bloodstream. This in turn would help mental alertness of your child.
Nuts and seeds like walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds, and chia seeds are good source of essential fats which help your brain perform and function better. Omega-3 fats present in these help in better handling of stress associated with exam times.
Iron intake also needs to be kept up as low levels of iron can make the child anemic and may adversely affect your child’s concentration and retention. So include dark green leafy veggies, nuts, legumes, eggs etc in the breakfast. Including a citrus fruit rich in vitamin C further helps in absorption of iron form foods.
Studies also suggest that certain foods like milk, tofu, cheese, nuts, eggs etc may help increase your serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel good hormone, which may help relieve stress to a certain extent.
Breakfast IdeasSo here are few breakfast ideas that may help your child during the exams to deal better with the stress and help focus and concentrate better.
Porridge-Porridge with any whole grain cereal like daila/rice flakes/oats muesli cooked in milk with a sprinkling of nuts and seeds
- Spinach and cheese whole grain bread sandwich
- Combining oats/dalia/rice chirwa with either milk to get porridge or with yogurt to get smoothies
- Bajra pitta bread with chickpeas/kidney beans hummus + salad
- Whole wheat pasta/sewiyan with vegetables + grilled tofu
- Besan cheela spring roll + whole wheat fruit muffin
- Multigrain bread sandwich + hung curd Russian salad
- Burger with soya nuggets patty + baked potato fries
- Sprouts salad with milk shake
Did you like the blog? Did you find it useful? Please share your thoughts, ideas and feedbacks with us in the comments below; we’d love to hear from you!