Chocolate Coconut Ladoo Recipe with Ingredients
Created by Priya Mankotia Updated on Jan 29, 2021
Hoping you will be interested to have special chocolate coconut ladoo. Turn your kitchen into a perky space this festive season. Get your family together to make these easy peasy and oh-so-yummy laddoos or sweet balls. So you have cleaned your home, painted diyas and created torans from the leftover materials at your home. Now it is time to prepare some sweets. This festive season, give a chocolatey twist to traditional laddoos.
Chocolate Coconut Ladoo Recipe (Makes 10 Balls)
Our blogger Priya Mankotia shares how to make chocolate coconut ladoo recipe. Try it today! Estimated Cooking Time: 30 minutes (including prep time)
- Condensed milk, 100 grams
- Desiccated coconut, 1/2 cup (unsweetened)
- Dark chocolate, 25 grams
- Melt the dark chocolate using the double boiling method* and add the desiccated coconut to the melted chocolate. Mix well.
- Now ask your child to make round balls out of the mixture. Show him/her how it is to be done. Sit back and watch the fun!
- Garnish the balls with desiccated coconut (optional)
Your easy peasy choco coco balls are ready - and the little chefs will be the first to finish them! I suggest making a larger quantity (change the ingredient portions accordingly) and store in the refrigerator. You can also pack them in a transparent paper (potli-style) and tie up with a bright ribbon – a ‘sweet’ gift from your child to his friends.
*Double boiling method: Heat water in a pan and place a bowl full of chocolates on top. Chocolate should slowly start melting. When half of the chocolate melts, turn off the gas but keep stirring till the rest of the chocolate melts. Take the bowl out of the water.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Always use fine desiccated coconut – that makes it easy for your child to roll into balls.
- You can use normal chocolate too, only it makes the balls a lot sweeter and less chocolatey!
- Add more desiccated coconut if the mixture is not rolling into balls easily.
- If you have a microwave, simply melt the chocolate in the microwave. No need for a double boiling method.
If you liked this recipe, do share it with fellow parents. Stay sweet, stay blissed out!
Top Celebrations and Festivals Blogs
Top Celebrations and Festivals Talks
Top Celebrations and Festivals question