Child-care Types & Tips to Choose Good Daycare For Your Toddler
Created by Cheena M Gujral Updated on Mar 14, 2020
Parenting is a responsibility to raise a healthy, developed and a good individual. This journey definitely asks for choosing the best paths leading to these aims. One of such initial challenge is ensuring the best daycare for your child. And this task turns wilder when you live in a metro city where the law and order are too fragile. Leaving your most prized possession to daycare is a tough task, and we know you want to be double sure about it.
Hunting the best child care which suits your requirements, calls for many parameters check and tips to trace down to the final and best one. There are majorly three categories of child care centres:
- Formal Childcare
- Family Daycare
- In House Care
How to Choose to Right Daycare Center?
Let's start with the steps in zooming to a good day-care centre. Here are a few tips for you...
Do Your Job
Prioritize Your RequirementsIt is very important that parents shall understand what they are looking for in the daycare; location, staff, policies or the meal plan? Some prefer a location near to the house or some want it to be in office proximity
Research on ShortlistsLooking for the right opinions on the daycare, you shortlisted is a very crucial step. Ask as many people, friends or experts you can. Word of mouth is a reliable tool when it comes to services. Use the internet or go online on social media to fetch maximum unbiased reviews
Visiting the DaycareAfter having considerate research, go visit the school. Fee structure and timings could be enquired online but the actual feel of the centre is received with a visit. You can go at different hours to catch on the real picture. Don't hesitate to go a million times to be very sure
Jot Down Checklist to Understand BetterThere could be many individual criteria for selecting a suitable daycare for your precious child. Here are a few basics which you shall never miss upon
- Look out for staff background and their behaviour with child and amongst themselves. Polite and amicable staff is always preferable. Do check staff's tenure of serving with the daycare. It somehow reflects the credibility and commitment towards the job
- Child and Caretaker ratio is another important aspect to search out. As per medical experts, 1 adult for 3 toddlers (Below the age of 2 years) is a must. It will help them better attend every child
- Consider the daycare's policy towards meal serving, sick child, feeding hours, sleeping patterns and various other factors. These checkpoints really contribute in good functioning of child care centres
- Look for the size of available areas. The security plan and the layout is important to factor in deciding upon daycare. E.g. ample floor space is required by toddlers to play and feel comfortable
- Interact with staff and helpers. Communication is the key to solve future issues and break barriers, initially. So feel free to connect with them. Share your child concerns, health issues or any peculiar traits
- Trust your intuition. While you choose on best child care, never forget to believe your instinct. This is the most incredible thing that comes with parenthood
Finalising on the CentreAfter a great amount of research, visits and referring checklists, it is time to finalise the daycare. Check with the current parents and contact with random parents too. It is not necessary that caretakers share all good referrals with you. Be aware and proactive
Ask for “Ok Signal” from Your childEventually, it's your little angel who will be staying and dealing with the selection. So do ask for trial days. Look out for reaction from your baby. You can easily learn if your child is happy and comfortable with the caregivers in the centre
There is never too late to change. If at any point of time you feel disconnected, be ready to switch to a better daycare.
Did you like the blog? Did you find it useful? Please share your thoughts, ideas and feedback with us in the comments below; we’d love to hear from you!
| Mar 13, 2018
Hi Preeti, An average Indian girl and boy of 18 month should weight somewhere between 8. 5 kg- 13. 5 kg. In both the cases there's nothing to worry about. Your baby is perfectly healthy. If your baby is getting sufficient milk he/she will have at least 6-8 wet diapers a day and an average of 2 or more stools in 24 hrs. Also, you can consider milk, yogurt, rice and ghee for weight gain for your baby. I hope this helps you! :)
| Mar 14, 2020
HOW I GOT MY HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF PRIEST WISDOM CONTACT ON WHATS_APP NUMBER +2348124644470 This is my testimony about the good work of priest wisdom who help me.... I'm Ann Earnis from north Carolina USA. And am sorry for putting this on net but i will have to, by this world best spell caster that brought back my husband who left me out for past 3 years, i eventually me t this man on a blog site posting by one of is client for help, i explained everything to him and he told me about a spell caster that he had heard about and he gave me an email address to write to the spell caster to tell him my problems. In just 1 days, my husband was back to me. I just want to say thank you to this truthful and sincere spell caster, sir all you told me have come to pass and thank you sir. Please i want to tell everyone who is looking for any solution to their problem, i advice you to kindly consult this spell caster, he is real,he is powerful and whatever the spell caster tell is what will happen, because all what the spell caster told me came to pass. You can kindly contact him on: his email address is supernaturalspell1@gmail. com or directly on whats-app +2348124644470 or https://supernaturalspell21.blogspot.com/ ...............