How to Prevent Your Child from Dengue - Check these 6 Dengue Prevention Tips
Created by Cheena M Gujral Updated on Jun 29, 2017
Monsoon does bring a relief from the hot scorching sun, but it also brings with it a host of seasonal problems. One such seasonal disease is Dengue. Yes, Dengue scare has begun and moms are trying their level best to protect their child from it. However, there is one such mom who has cracked how to prevent Dengue in 5 easy simple ways and here Cheena M Gujral shares those 5 prevention tips with the fellow parents. Some of the points that Cheena has covered are 1. Avoid stagnant water 2. No greens inside 3. Use mosquito repellents 4. Neem and Tulsi are your best bet 5. Keep yourself well-covered..
With the onset of monsoon, comes the fear of mosquitoes and dengue. Since there is no special treatment, prevention and environment management is what we all can do.
6 Tips to Prevent Your Child from Dengue
Here are few preventive methods we can practically implement to control the spread.
1. Avoid Stagnant Water: Regularly clean the cooler pads & plant pots. Don't allow artificial container, broken flasks or cups with stagy water. Keep the filled buckets covered. Clean birds bath daily.
2. Keep the Greens outside: Yes we all love greens as they keep the indoors fresh but during monsoon, barring neem and tulsi all the other plants should be kept outside and extra care should be taken to keep the leaves clean and pots filled with adequate water only.
3. Mosquito repellents are important: Use mosquito repellents with minimum of 10% of DEET (diethyl toluamide) for best effects generously. You may use sprays or bands for your toddler.
4. Cover yourself well: Since Dengue mosquitoes are active during the day, it is better to cover your child well during the day. So ensure that he or she is wearing full length trousers, socks, full sleeve tshirts/tops.
5. Keep the indoors clean and dry: Unclog all the clutter from house corners and terrace. Keep them dried and water free. Keep the waste bins covered and clear them frequently. You may also burn camphor for fumes or lemon eucalyptus oil to ensure mosquito free home.
6. Practice these things: Stay indoors with well air conditioned screened rooms. Avoid going out during the day without proper protection and also, do avoid scented perfumes or soaps, which attract mosquitoes.
Remember that insect driven illnesses can be easily avoided with sound awareness and safety measures. So this monsoon let’s take a pledge to stay healthy and just enjoy the rains. For More: Keep checking dengue fever symptoms, prevention tips & more this monsoon season
Did you like the blog? Do you have some more methods by which Dengue can be prevented? Please do share your views and feedback in the comments section below. We would love to hear from you...
Some custom error
Some custom error