Earth Day Special: Is your child sensitive to the world around him?
Created by Neha Gupta Mittal Updated on Apr 22, 2017
Our planet’s resources are deteriorating and depleting at a very fast rate, courtesy our reckless lifestyles and greed. Planet preservation should be more of a habit — a series of day to day acts done right—and here’s how both you and your child can make sure you’re doing your part:
#ParentuneTip: As the parent, you must lead by example, so it is extremely important that you follow all these guidelines too.
- Ensuring that lights and fansare switched off when not needed. Teach your children that they’re responsible for their own room
- Make it a habit to cycle or walk short distances instead of using the car. This will keep your child healthy too!
- Make sure your child learns how to keep the tap off when brushing his teeth, or to use wasted water from the RO to water the plants
- Teach him to not waste food, and if there are any unwanted leftovers, to feed that to stray dogs, or people in need
- Take your child to an orphanage and let him/her personally donate all their old clothes, instead of throwing them away
- Kids love to spend time outdoors, so nurture that instead of letting them sit in the AC, in front of the TV the entire day
- Buy rechargeable and reusable batteries for your kids toys and gadgets; this reduces garbage
- Teach your child how what recycling is, how it works and why they should do it
- Encourage older children to watch documentaries on climate change or deforestation; not only will they be more sensitised, they may come up with a few ideas themselves!
- Plant more trees around your home or vicinity.
- You could make this a monthly event; take your child and all his/her friends to go plant trees, and let them do it themselves. You could even take your child to go water the seeds you’ve planted every week.
These are just a few of the ways that we as parents, with the help of our children, can help make the planet a better place. Let us make planet preservation an interesting and fulfilling act,while providing direction to future generations.
Do you and your child do your best for the environment? Let us know how in the comments below!
Top Outdoor Activities and Events Blogs
Top Outdoor Activities and Events Talks
Top Outdoor Activities and Events question