Is Eating Banana After C-Section Safe? Know What To Avoid Post Cesarean Delivery
Created by Parentune Support Updated on Apr 11, 2020
Childbirth is an amazing experience yet it can be taxing to your body if you’ve had a caesarean delivery (C-Section). Your body needs more time to recover than you would after a routine vaginal delivery. During this time your body needs proper and adequate nutrition which is very important for you and your baby now that you are breastfeeding. Banana is one of the holy grail of fruit that you can include in your diet after caesarean. These yellow beauties have a bunch of nutrients that help your body to recover sooner. Read more on How & When to Give Banana to Babies & Benefits .
Benefits of Eating Bananas After C-section
- Bananas are the greatest source of Potassium which is an important mineral for the recovery period and also for your baby’s whole body's ability to function. Potassium helps to maintain your fluid and electrolyte balance and also sends important nerve impulses, helps your muscles contract, keeps your blood pressure stable and normal and helps your body to release energy from protein, fat, and carbohydrates
- Vitamins A, C and zinc present in a banana are all key in repairing skin and underlying tissue, as well as keeping your immune system humming away to control inflammation and direct wound repair
- You might feel constipated sometimes following a caesarean delivery it is because your body takes a little time to start off the bowel movement again, so to help ease the process you need adequate amount of fibre which you can get through bananas
- Magnesium, Folate and Iron are some of the other essential elements that your body needs post a C-section delivery and bananas are the perfect way to get it
Importance of Banana Post Cesarean Delivery
Now that you know how important are bananas post a C-section. Following are some ways about how you can include it in your diet:
- Add it to your yogurt or ice cream and you are good to go
- Blend it with milk and honey and you have yourself a good banana honey milkshake
- Mash up 1 banana, add honey and berries to eat it and eat it with your toast
- Add banana to your oatmeal and enjoy!
- Making pancakes using banana and oatmeal is another way you can have your banana
What To Avoid After C-Section?(Post Cesarean Delivery)
- Avoid at all times the food that can constipate you or promote gas formations like soda, chickpea and vegetables like cauliflower, potato etc. because it will strain your bowels. Also Must Know Things When Recovering after Vaginal Birth
- Fried and spicy food
- Cold and uncooked food
- Fast foods should also be avoided
- Alcoholic beverages are a total no
Other Foods to Eat After C-section
Pulses:These are rich in protein which helps in the growth of new tissue cells which will fasten your healing process
Fruits and vegetables rich in Vitamin A and C:Vitamins A and C provides the required amount of dietary calcium and iron and also helps fighting infections and strengthening immunity
Oats and Ragi:These are completely filled with good elements, are rich in fibre and also great sources of carbohydrates, calcium, proteins, iron
Fluids:Improper bowel movements can give you a really hard time after a C-section and to keep it at bay you need to increase your liquid intake. Soups, herbal teas, coconut water, low fat milk are some of the variants that you can enjoy your liquid
Remember, even after your baby is born your health should still be a priority. Healthy moms make stronger babies.
Did you find this blog useful? Please share your thoughts with us in the comments section below; we’d love to hear from you.