Gardening With Kids
Created by Pradeepa Vanchinathan Updated on Jul 25, 2018
Encourage your kids to enjoy gardening- The most valuable lesson in life. Many of today’s health problems can be traced to poor diet, so it stands to reason that kids who grow their own food should be happier and healthier adult of tomorrow.
A home garden is a great way to get your kids involved from an early age, so they develop an understanding of where fresh food comes from and an appreciation of just how delicious it can be. Gardens offer children the chance to get involved in growing food – a skill that will last them a lifetime. Dismissed by some activities as a dirty waste of time, vegetable gardening is emerging as a treasure trove of happiness.
In today's world this is important for everyone, but especially children. Concerned about exposure to pesticides and antibiotics, The American Academy of Paediatrics recommends that children eat organic food.The process of gardening slowly introduces kids to new foods, which increases their interest in trying them. We should let kids help with soil preparation, seed planting, and routine maintenance.Any container that holds soil and has good drainage can be used, so let the child pick out interesting pots and encourage him or her to decorate them. "My daughter always enjoys planting seeds,watching them grow,sprout and eventually harvest what they have grown. I feel it also develop a sense of responsibility and pride in herself, which can ultimately improve self-esteem." As we stay in Chennai,where we have a challenging climatic conditions.
Being optimistic you can grow every kind of plant here. Few plants that we grow are
- Thuthuvalai: It is said to be rejuvenatory herb. It treats smartly on various respiratory diseases and asthma.
- Appa kovai(Kedrostis Foetidissima) :The leaf juice is used for treating common cold in children. The leaf juice is extracted by pounding the leaves and 5 to 6 drops of the juice is given to children to treat cold.
- Manathakkali keerai(Black night shade)- consuming these leaves are very good home remedy for mouth ulcer.
- Betel leaves- chewing betel leaves gives relief from gastric pain and constipation.
- Spinach varieties-Arai keerai(Amaranthus aritis), kothamalli(coriandrum sativum),vanganum thank(allum cepa),palak(spinacea).
- Beetroot Gardening for kids has been proven to not only make children happier, but helps them to learn better, cope with stress and understand life, health and nature. Naturally, children learn through action.
Happy gardening with kids
| Aug 03, 2018
b. mmm, Th 67 pidichittu inyong fx, snc BMC cbn nb
| Jul 26, 2018