Is Your Toddler Allergic to Gluten - How to Recognize Signs to Cure?
Created by Parentune Support Updated on Sep 24, 2020
When you start giving your child solid food, you will want to try giving each food of different kinds. But if your child is allergic to gluten, he might show certain reactions to the same. Since gluten is present in most of the foods such as wheat, barley and rye, it is hard to avoid.
If your toddler is allergic to gluten, his body will be unable to absorb nutrients from the food that passes through the small intestine and might become malnourished. Symptoms vary widely from one child to another, and can include chronic diarrhoea, abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, poop that's oily and smells especially bad, gassiness, irritability, vomiting, weight loss or trouble gaining weight, and delayed growth. Some children may not show any signs at all.
How Can I Recognise The Signs Of Gluten Allergy In My Child?
We give you a few signs that will help you understand if your child is allergic to gluten.
- Stuffy nose or sneezing: If your child is allergic to gluten, you might want to keep a watch on him as soon as you have fed him solid food that contains gluten. The basic symptoms include a stuffy or runny nose, or sneezing
- Check the skin: A child allergic to gluten might develop hives, rashes or red spots over his body. You must try to prevent your toddler from scratching as it might lead to development of scars
- Discomfort: A toddler allergic to gluten might have stomach ache and would respond to it by crying or by being fussy. Watch out for this sign within a couple of hours after he has had his meal
- Vomiting: This is a common symptom to come across and many parents might confuse it with mere food poisoning. If your child develops the tendency to vomit every time after consuming gluten infused foods, he might be allergic to gluten. Gastrointestinal issues like constipation or diarrhoea can also be noticed
- Tired and exhausted: Toddlers having gluten allergy may seem to be tired and confused all the time which is why you must consult a doctor. Some of you might want to put a stop on all the gluten infused foods but it is best to seek medical attention in prior
At times parents confuse gluten allergy with celiac disease because of the similar symptoms shown by the toddler. Celiac symptoms can appear after you start introducing your baby to solid foods that contain gluten. But it's quite rare for toddlers to have symptoms and most don't get diagnosed until later in childhood, often after age 10.
If your toddler has been diagnosed with celiac disease, you'll need to make sure that he avoids all foods containing gluten. If left untreated, children with celiac disease can develop complications such as iron-deficiency anemia, malnutrition, weakened bones, and short stature.
Once you have recognized the signs of gluten allergy in your toddler, it is advisable to seek medical guidance along with keeping a note of food that is causing allergic reactions in your toddler.
Do you know anybody who has a child with gluten allergy? Please do share the tips and tricks to prevent gluten allergy in your child in the comments section below.
| Aug 18, 2020
ATTENTION PLEASE!!! Am so glad expressing my profound gratitude to a man that is so concerned about other people's well being. I was suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS TYPE II) over 2years, i have spent thousands of dollars in buying expensive drugs and visiting several hospitals in different countries, i was really in selvage pain "until" one glorious morning, i read about Dr. Kham on the internet on how he had helped and cured so many people suffering from HERPES 1$2, HPV, CANCER, HIV/AIDS, ALZHEIMER, FIBROID, ENLARGED PROSTATE and HEART DISEASE ETC. So I contacted him through this Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com and i shared my problems with him, he gave me the healing procedure and i followed them. Two weeks later after I received and used his product, he told me to go for a medical test, behold the result was negative, now am HERPES VIRUS free. I just want to use this platform to thank Dr. Kham for curing me from that deadly virus and also for exposing his herbal cure to the world at large, please you can as well contact him at his Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com (or) visit his website https://drkhamherbalhealingcenter.wordpress.com/ or https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba you can also visit his Whatsapp at +2348159922297 for solutions to your health problems...