Created by Anurima Updated on Nov 11, 2013
• 1 kg Khoya
• 500 gms Sugar
• 500 gms Maida
• 200 gms Almonds, chopped
• 6 tbsp Cooking oil
• 3 tbsp Raisins
• 200 ml Water
Preparation for outer layer:
• Combine maida with 6 tbsp of oil using your fingers.
• Make soft dough and knead it lightly. Add water if needed.
• Cover with a wet cloth and leave aside.
• In a frying pan, deep-fry the khoya till light brown in color.
• Add chopped almonds, sugar and raisins and mix well.
• Fry again for few minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
Prepare a small and thick chapati from the kneaded dough.
• Stuff half of the chapati with the khoya mixture.
• Fold and draw the edges of chapati inwards to close.
• On slow fire, deep-fry the gujia till golden brown.
• Take out using a sieve and drain the oil properly.
• Store them in an airtight container.
• Repeat the procedure with remaining dough.
| Nov 25, 2013
luv to prepare this
| Nov 23, 2013
Very well explained
| Nov 13, 2013
I dont consider myself a great cook. But if I am handed simple recepies such as this, I can surely give it a try. Gujiya is one of my fav. things, will be happy to try your mum's recipe :)