How to ensure your child sustains healthy habits during winters?
Created by Urvashi Shah Updated on Dec 18, 2017
Misty mornings, sunny afternoons, and chilly evenings – winter is here and back are the dreaded infections that may attack your child if you are not careful with your child's health. Yes, winter is the time when each of us can become lazy and laidback but it is also the time when you need to be really careful about your child's health.
So how do you ensure that your child stays healthy this winter apart from catching cold due to lack of proper clothes. You know your child and his or her habit of exploring everything with his or hands. Hence emphasise on basic healthy habits to ensure that your child stays healthy and safe during this winter.
8 Healthy Habits For Your Child To Sustain This Winter
Here are the basic healthy habits that your child should sustain through this winter.
- Washing hands: Let us start with a simple remedy that is to wash hands more often. Teach your child about the pros of washing hands and how they will keep away the bad bacteria out of their reach by doing so. Be it after wiping a runny nose or before eating the meals, your child must be encouraged to wash hands often. This easy method is a sure shot way to deal with the unwanted bacteria
- Good night's sleep: Be it adults or children, our body's immune systems stops working efficiently if it is sleep deprived. That is why you must ensure that your child gets sufficient sleep in order to boost his/her immune system that will help him or her fight off the viruses
- Following healthy etiquettes: Most children tend to sneeze over everything and anything which causes the germs to spread to others even more quickly. You must thus encourage your child to use a handkerchief while sneezing every time to cover his/her nose
- Keeping a tab on medicines: You must get your child vaccinated as per his/her age as and when required. The vaccines help their immune system to fight off any viruses from time to time. Also consult your doctor if you notice your child has been falling sick during this season
- Introspecting eating habits: The best way to ensure your child's good health is by making sure he/she eats the right food. You can avoid giving your child cold food or water and encourage them to often drink warm water during the winters. You can teach them about washing fruits and vegetables before eating so that the germs are washed away. Not just this, make sure you feed healthy foods like fruits and vegetables to your child to maintain good health by large
- Healing quick: If your child has already fallen ill, it is best to keep him/her away from others in order to avoid spreading the virus to others. You can let your child be home for time being and avoid sending him/her to school or to play. This technique will help your child heal quickly as he/she will constantly be under your care and supervision
- Consuming more liquids: Your child might lose a lot of fluids from his or her body when having a fever or cold. This is why you must encourage your child to drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruits or vegetable juices to keep up with their good health
- Moisture up: It is common for the skin to get dry during the winters which is why you should moisturize your child after bath and before bedtime with a good moisturize. This will help your child's skip be supple as well as it will avoid it being itchy
Apart from these healthy habits, there are a few things that you must follow in order to not compromise with their health. You should know when to call the doctor if your child is having a high fever which isn't subsiding down quickly or if he/she has a sore throat with runny nose and cough. These symptoms can be signs of something worse which is why you should immediately call for medical help. Be firm about these habits and see how your child fares successfully through this winter.
Did you like the blog on how to ensure that your child sustains healthy habits this winter to stay safe and healthy? Do share your views and feedback in the comments section below. We would love to hear from you as well.
| Dec 18, 2017
Power packed 8 handy tips on how to ensure our children sustain healthy habits during winters.. thanks for sharing .