Home-made garlic breadsticks
Created by Ankita A Talwar Updated on Mar 24, 2015
Children love these, don’t they? But then the market ones are loaded with salt, preservatives and lot of unhealthy ingredients we don’t wish to expose our children to. We get to you a recipe to make yummy garlic breadsticks at home, almost the restaurant quality, but these are healthy and fresh. Try them today!
1 packet active dry yeast- 2 tsp
4 ¼ cup maida
2 tbsp butter (or refined oil)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt (if using salted butter, cut back on this)
2-3 cloves of garlic, roasted and minced
3 tbsp butter
½ tsp salt (adjust as per taste)
½ tsp oregano dried or fresh leaves
1) In a bowl, take ¼ cup warm water. Dissolve the yeast and leave aside till it bubbles, 5 mins or so.
2) Add flour, butter, sugar, salt, garlic, and 1 ¼ cup warm water, and yeast. Knead by hand or in a paddle mixer till a sticky, stringy dough gets made, 5 mins.
3) Knead the dough with hand till it is smooth and comes together, 3 mins (oil your palms if needed). Let rest, covered with a damp muslin cloth in a warm place to let it rise.
4) After 2-3 hours, when it has doubled up, knead again. Kneading traps air and the more air the more fluffy and light the bread will turn out to be. Again let rest for ½ hour to 1 hour.
5) Roll the dough into a log, and cut strips the shape and size of garlic breadsticks. Brush with butter and salt.
6) In a pre-heated oven 180-200 C, place the cut strips to bake. Once golden brown, take out, and brush again with butter, oregano, salt. Put back in to bake again. This should take around 45 mins, but depends from oven to oven. Put a knife inside to check done-ness.
7) Glaze with butter and serve.
Photo courtesy: Jeshu John
| Aug 10, 2015
I wil surely try this... i have never made bread before... thanks... I make garlic bread in my style which is favourite of everyone who have eaten it... would like to share the recipe to all of you.... I take any brown bread ,cut them in half and keep them aside. Then in Britainia cheese spread add fully crushed garlic, crushed green chillies,finely cut coriander,oregano and chilly flakes as per paste. Then apply this paste on the c bread and then putting little bread on nonstick tawa on slow flame I roast it till the back side becomes light brown and crispy...
Top Food and Nutrition Blogs
Top Food and Nutrition Talks
Top Food and Nutrition question