How Can Help Your Baby's Learning Process Start Little Early?
Created by Swapna Nair Updated on Feb 14, 2022
Have you ever wondered when the learning process starts for babies? Your baby’s learning starts from your womb and she grows up she will show signs of independence – meaning that she is competent in finishing a task on her own. Let her do it. But before we go further into the learning process, let’s understand what competency is and how will it help your baby in the long run. What Is Competency? Competence is the ability to effectively accomplish our goals.
- A competent person is able to stay on track, notice what's needed in a given situation, and respond accordingly.
- Competent people act with feeling, even with inspiration, but don't let emotions derail them.
- In other words, they overcome internal and external obstacles to stay on task and accomplish the goals they set for themselves. That means they're able to read other people and respond appropriately to new situations.
How Can You Help Your Baby To Develop Competency?
Did you also know that when your baby entering his or her toddlerhood starts showing independence is also when the learning process starts? Here's how you can help your baby develop competency.
- Let him try to do it himself from the earliest age: Rein in your own impatience. That doesn’t mean abandoning him to it. Stand by, smiling, ready to be helpful in whatever way actually helps your toddler.
- Don’t be an Anxious Parent: Clucking anxiously about how worried you are as he climbs that play structure may make you feel better, and it may impress the other parents on the playground with your attentiveness, but it won't help your child. In fact, it unintentionally limits him.
- Build Your Baby’s Confidence: Help her build confidence by tackling manageable challenges with your assistance.
- Emotional development researchers call this "scaffolding," which could be defined as the framework you give your child on which she builds.
- You demonstrate one step at a time, or use questions to suggest each step, or simply spot her, which helps her to succeed when she tries something new
Check This: Learning & Engaging Activities For Baby's
Don't test your child: When you say "What's this color?" and your toddler answers correctly, you get excited. But then you keep asking about the next color and the next, and sooner or later you get to a color that he can't identify. To you, that's just one more color you're teaching him. But to him, that's a failure. He's disappointed you. You think you're teaching him colors. But you aren't. You're teaching him that he isn't good enough. (Do you really want to teach colors?)
- Do it just like you do anything else, by using the names in everyday life. "Let's get the purple one."
- There is never a reason to test your child. And lecturing, drilling, and testing aren't the most effective ways to teach. Children learn when they discover for themselves
Don’t evaluate: If you call Grandma in front of your child to report on your child's latest achievement, you're setting your child up to worry that unless she's brilliant and precocious, she's a disappointment.
- That creates a child who worries that she always needs to impress those around her. If you tell her she's smart, that makes it worse because she knows that she isn't always smart, and she doesn't know how to get smarter - it isn't something she has control over.
- When we make a big deal about child’s achievements, they feel evaluated, and they often worry so much about performance that they refuse even to try new things
Other Things To Help Your Baby’s Learning Process
If you are wondering which is the best way to enable your baby to learn, it is by incorporating various activities in everyday life.
- Hide and Seek: You can partially hide your child’s favorite toy under the blanket in front of him and ask him to find it. He will move towards the object and find it quickly. Slowly you can hide the entire object and ask your child to find. He will put in efforts and learn to locate the object
- Stack-up Blocks: Get your child a set of colorful blocks and show him how to pile them up with one on the other. Your child will imitate you and try to stack up the blocks on his own. Once you have taught him or she let him do it on his or her own and don’t go anxious if he or she is not able to do it correctly the first time.
- Self-feeding: If your baby wants to eat on his or her own let him or her do so. Just ensure that you make your child wear a bib so that there is no spillage on his or her clothes. This will not only encourage your baby to be independent there will also be a hand mouth coordination for healthy development. Read Also: Learning Disabilities Causes, Symptoms & Tips to Cope-up
Did you like the blog on how you can make the learning process start early for your baby? Do you have some interesting ideas or views? Share them with us in the comments section below as we would love to hear from you.
| Jan 01, 2018
hi i m a parent of 1. 11 yrs boy n i did approx same as mentioned in ur artical, i can assure all the growing babies parents that this really worked very well for my baby, he started eating himself all kind of food by 1. 8 months age and his moto skills are Excellent. i request all parents be patience with babies they really understand and listen u, and inheriten the same behaviour of patience with in them. thank u really helpful ans valuable article.
| Jan 02, 2018
we often believe children are a blank slate 'tabula rasa' and whatever we would write on it it would get imprinted . however what we forget is that they have been learning since the time they were in mother's womb.. they are grasping all information from their surroundings and would express when ready to do so.. so the earlier the better .definitely a very informative blog..
| Feb 21, 2022
Extremely informative blog for the parents who want to start the learning process of their children in early stages and it's really a great idea and also parents should try to start their learning in early life. Working as a writer at UK essay writing website since 2017 and I also published so many blogs on the same topic in my career.
| Feb 26, 2022
Finding a reliable task aid service at a safe distance is not an option. Write My Assignment offers customers with top-quality writing help that you can use to navigate your mobile device. Join us on our site and then send us the completed inquiry form and get assignment writer in uk examine the issue as solved!
| Feb 28, 2022
This is an excellent guide about babies learning procedures. I hope this might be very helpful for the parents whose babies are in this learning age. Usually, parents need help and a little bit of training while their children's learning process and they can learn many things from this post that can help them and their babies in the learning process. https://www.theacademicpapers.co.uk/buy-assignments-online.php
| Mar 03, 2022
Being a mom for the very first time is quite a challenging task! You don’t know where you’re going wrong or right, this is why I keep on looking for guidance and tips like this blog post. I often Buy Essay Service in Boston so that they can write for my master’s program and I can spend a bit more time with my child.
| Mar 04, 2022
Thanks for sharing good article. Read with your baby, recite nursery rhymes, or sing songs. Repeating the same song, The Native assignment expert is available 24X7 to help students. UK assignment help online is priced quite reasonably so most of the students can take the service and become better in academic writing.
| Mar 17, 2022
Need Java Assignment Help online in uk? Get top-quality Java assignments and homework help from the most trustable brand when it comes to getting assignment writing by experts writers at a low price. Native Assignment is known for providing the best assignment services within a short timeframe. our team helped to complete your Projects before the deadline.
| Apr 14, 2022
There are several ways to start teaching babies early. One way is to read books to them. This helps them develop their language skills. Another way is to play with toys. For babies studies you will get hire someone to do my homework. These activities help them practice their motor skills. And another way is to sing songs to them. Singing songs to babies helps them develop their ear muscles. There are various methods to teach babies. Some parents prefer to read stories to their kids. Others prefer to play with toys or sing songs to their children. Still other parents prefer to let their children watch cartoons.
| May 02, 2022
Native Assignment Help is a First-Class Online Assignment Editing Services provider in UK We with our team of expert editors are here to help students in their assignment editing to get good grades in exam Hire our UK's top assignment writing services expert Today