Mouth Ulcer Causes, Signs & Symptoms & Remedies to Cure Infant
Created by Cheena M Gujral Updated on May 15, 2019
Whenever a baby is in distress, it leaves the whole house in pain. Similar is the scenario when the suffering is because of those irritating mouth ulcers. Generally, they are not so common in newborns, though there are many factors that can induce an ulcer in their mouth.
What are Mouth Ulcers/ Canker Sores?
- These are open wounds that spread across the mouth lining. Varying in size, they could appear singly or in a group. They may develop in gums, cheeks, lips or tongue.
- Canker sores are little different from ulcers as they mainly appear in soft tissues and are not contagious.
- Cold sores are mainly caused by a virus Called Herpes virus in toddlers and appear outside the mouth. Being a viral sore, it is highly contagious and easily spreads.
Causes of Mouth Ulcers
Why do the mouth ulcers develop in infants? They are normally not a sign of disease or illness in infants, however many other reasons can advance to ulcers in tiny toons.
- It could be a Canker sore if it is a viral infection. But this is common in kids above 5 years of age.
- A burn with hot food, biting the tongue or cheek, eating sour food like pineapples can lead to an ulcer.
- Low immunity levels in your infant can trigger the formation of white spots in their mouths.
- Some elders relate a mouth ulcer presence to an upset stomach. Acidity, indigestion or abnormal stool could be the reason.
- Many times, forceful brushing or wiping gums with finger cloth can hurt the soft tissues, creating mouth injuries.
- Stress does affect mouth ulcers. Of course, that playful toddler can feel anxious and stressed out in her routine and develop the itchy sores in the mouth.
- Allergies to foods or drinks can also establish mouth ulcers.
- Deficiency of Vitamins, minerals, and iron can be a reason for mouth sores.
It is very important to understand the cause of erupting sores in your infant's mouth like these
- Canker sores are nonviral and are in kids above 5yrs of age.
- Hand foot mouth disease spots are generally in the age of 1-5 years and that is a viral infection.
- Herpes virus is mainly the culprit for sores in infants in the form of the pox or cold sores.
So, before you treat it at home or take measures to cure it, always apprehend the type of ulcers.
Signs & Symptoms of Ulcers in Infants
Study says the ulcers develop after 7-14 days of exposure to the infection.
- They appear as red bump and break open to form a sore. It could be yellow or greyish white in appearance.
- They are painful and irritating for your little angel
- They create a refusal for food and drinks in babies. The fear of pain is a trigger for them to refuse
- Excessive drooling in babies can indicate the presence of sores in the mouth
- Sometimes it can bring along the fever and restlessness in infants.
Home Remedies to Cure Mouth Ulcers in Infants
Here are few remedies to cure mouth ulcer in your kid. Read this
- The very first remedy I can think of is breast milk or chilled formula to soothe that ugly painful sore in the baby. Midwives suggest the application of raw milk also.
- The best homely cure is dabbing ghee over the ulcer to heal it with no side effects.
- Honey is a natural antibiotic and its sweet taste increase the acceptance in infants. So just applying it over sore is a good remedy.
- Turmeric being an anti-inflammatory -antiseptic, when mixed with honey can do good soothing and curing.
- Curd or buttermilk are also well known in composing mouth ulcers. They curb bacterial growth. But they are only advisable after 8 months of age.
- Coconut is always a multitasker. One can use coconut milk, coconut oil or coconut water in case of mouth ulcers. There usage and suitability always depend upon the age of the infant.
- Curry leaves when crushed to a paste, amazingly help in recovering vitamin deficiency when applied. However, they cannot be readily used with less than one year infants.
- Aloe Vera gel can also be used as per the requirements.
- Using ice lollies or ice cream can be a great reliever for infants under mouth sores.
The small sores can be big trouble for you and the baby. So whenever you find such symptoms work on it at home. Observe it and in case of no improvement in a week, seek medical help. Meanwhile, avoid offering sharp toys and edgy food items to the baby and let the sore heal faster.
Have a better dealing with sores!!
| Aug 18, 2020
ATTENTION PLEASE!!! Am so glad expressing my profound gratitude to a man that is so concerned about other people's well being. I was suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS TYPE II) over 2years, i have spent thousands of dollars in buying expensive drugs and visiting several hospitals in different countries, i was really in selvage pain "until" one glorious morning, i read about Dr. Kham on the internet on how he had helped and cured so many people suffering from HERPES 1$2, HPV, CANCER, HIV/AIDS, ALZHEIMER, FIBROID, ENLARGED PROSTATE and HEART DISEASE ETC. So I contacted him through this Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com and i shared my problems with him, he gave me the healing procedure and i followed them. Two weeks later after I received and used his product, he told me to go for a medical test, behold the result was negative, now am HERPES VIRUS free. I just want to use this platform to thank Dr. Kham for curing me from that deadly virus and also for exposing his herbal cure to the world at large, please you can as well contact him at his Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com (or) visit his website https://drkhamherbalhealingcenter.wordpress.com/ or https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba you can also visit his Whatsapp at +2348159922297 for solutions to your health problems...
| Oct 03, 2020
Permit me to introduce to you the herbal mixtures that cured herpes within the short period of 2 weeks of dosage, I am a living witness to this wonderful work of this doc . For write - up on how I was cured contact Dr. Kham now on his email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com or whatsapp him at +2348159922297 for more details about the herbal medicine and get cure completely Dr. Kham natural herbs is also effective in curing #HIV , #cancer , #hepatitis , #fibroid , #hpv e .t.c