Tips to Keep Skin Glowing If in Summer Pregnancy
Created by Ridhi Doomra Updated on Jul 03, 2020
When you’re pregnant, your body temperature can be slightly higher than normal. Summer followed by monsoon heat and humidity can add to this and makes you feel hotter, which can worsen the pregnancy symptoms you already have. Plus, there are several ingredients in your regular cosmetic products that may harm you or the baby. Hence it is advisable to follow below tricks to be able to cope up with pregnancy in summer or monsoon.
Tips & Tricks to Get Glowing Skin During Summer Pregnancy
Therefore, you must be careful about your skincare regime. Here are tips on how to take care of your skin and body while pregnant:
- Stay hydrated: Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water. Summer heat tends to cause dehydration, so it is recommended you drink 8 to 15 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. Make sure you always carry a bottle of water when you’re out and about.
- Healthy meals: Include lots of fresh fruits and juices to your diet to beat the heat. Cucumber, watermelon, tomatoes, lemon, etc. should all be added.
- Dress cool: Wear light colors the summer, and as much as cotton, as you can, since it’s quite comfortable. Maternity clothes like maxis, gowns that allow air flow and decrease sweating are recommended. Avoid wearing body-hugging dresses.
- Hair care: If you have long hair, tie it into a bun or a high ponytail to provide free air circulation to your neck and back.
- Sunscreen: Pregnancy can make your skin very sensitive. When you step out, apply a good sunscreen with SPF 35, and a lip balm with SPF15 to protect your lips too. Don’t forget to wear your sunglasses, and always carry a scarf in your bag.
- Restrict outdoor activities: Going outdoors to get fresh air is good, but in summer, restrict your outdoor activities to early morning or evening. Avoid going out in peak hours (11 AM to 5 PM). Also exercise or do yoga, either in the early mornings or late evenings.
- Visit a dermatologist: As a mother to be, you must be watchful of any skin rash, itchy skin or any other dermatological issues. Go to a good dermatologist for medical skin advice as soon as you notice any of these symptoms. Get yourself checked regularly.
- Get rest: Sleep and rest are important factors for a mother to be. Sleeping helps to eliminate stress, plus the summer heat can make you more tired. Take time for yourself and relax by reading a book, listening to music or meditating. Also Read: Psoriasis During pregnancy: Causes, Signs & Cure
How are you taking care of your skin during pregnancy? Share your tips and tricks with us in the comments below!
| Aug 18, 2020
ATTENTION PLEASE!!! Am so glad expressing my profound gratitude to a man that is so concerned about other people's well being. I was suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS TYPE II) over 2years, i have spent thousands of dollars in buying expensive drugs and visiting several hospitals in different countries, i was really in selvage pain "until" one glorious morning, i read about Dr. Kham on the internet on how he had helped and cured so many people suffering from HERPES 1$2, HPV, CANCER, HIV/AIDS, ALZHEIMER, FIBROID, ENLARGED PROSTATE and HEART DISEASE ETC. So I contacted him through this Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com and i shared my problems with him, he gave me the healing procedure and i followed them. Two weeks later after I received and used his product, he told me to go for a medical test, behold the result was negative, now am HERPES VIRUS free. I just want to use this platform to thank Dr. Kham for curing me from that deadly virus and also for exposing his herbal cure to the world at large, please you can as well contact him at his Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com (or) visit his website https://drkhamherbalhealingcenter.wordpress.com/ or https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba you can also visit his Whatsapp at +2348159922297 for solutions to your health problems...