Interesting Tips To Make Your Little One Enjoy The Family Trip!
Created by Lakshmi Kapoor Verma Updated on Dec 01, 2020
You've brought your little bundle of joy home for the first time, from the hospital. When you look at your tiny, fragile baby, you wish that you could just protect him inside a safety bubble forever! Many new mothers feel anxious about taking their babies out for the first time. face confidence issues while stepping out the very first time with their babies. Despite support from family, some of us dread the idea of taking our babies out even for a little stroll in the park, let alone mustering the courage to head out on a vacation.
Read on to find out how you can overcome this anxiety, and start helping your little companion become an explorer, too!
Tips To Keep In Mind While Taking Your Baby Out
When you first bring your newborn home, endless questions plague you – is she feeding enough? Is that a sniffle? Am I bathing her correctly? And the list goes on. When it comes to taking her out for the first time, you are understandably anxious. We've listed some things to keep in mind when taking your baby out.
- Make the first few trips short:Take your baby out for a stroll in the park, for a few minutes, the first time. This will give her a taste of what it's like to be outside. Then gradually increase the duration of your outings. Visit some relatives or friends, take her to dinner with your partner
Pack all essentials:It helps to keep a diaper bag ready with everything your baby will need for a few hours.
- Change of clothes – two sets
- Swaddling sheet that can double up as a feeding cover
- Cap, bib, mittens
- Wet wipes or cotton balls
- Hand sanitizer
- Food, depending on your baby's age
- Boiled water (at the desired temperature in a thermos) in case your baby is formula fed
- A rattle or toy that your baby likes
- Emergency medicines
- Don't visit crowded places:Your baby needs to build her immunity before she can be exposed to crowded areas. So avoid malls, shopping centers and other crowded areas
- Check with the pediatrician:Before you head out with your baby for the first time, it will help to check with the doctor if she is ready for her first outing. He can also advise you about general precautions to take
Tips For Taking Your Baby Out For Long Travel
After a few short local trips, start planning your much deserved vacation.You will see that your baby's bag or suitcase is much bigger that yours! However, when you take a second look at everything you've packed, you will realize that she actually needs just half of it. Here are the most essential things to pack for your baby.
- Keep one or two essential "travel pouches" that can fit in your hand bag.
- Pouch 1:Toiletries such as baby oil, shampoo, nappy rash cream and some petroleum jelly for dry skin, and a baby brush
- Pouch 2:Essential medicines such as nose drops, vitamin drops, thermometer, colic acid reliever and paracetamol
- Diapers and wet wipes
- Extra food servings depending upon your child's age
- Favorite Toy
- Full sleeved t-shirts and pajamas or sleep suits – always come in handy even if you are planning to go to a place with warm weather
- Sunny day essentials such as sunscreen and hat. (Consult your pediatrician about sun screen use for your young baby)
- Bottle cleaning brush in case your baby is bottle-fed
- Swaddling/covering sheet
Quick tip: always remember to carry a nail cutter in the toiletries kit - you will be surprised to see how fast these little ones grow their nails.
So go on and plan that pending vacation without any jitters! Your little one will soon turn into a curious explorer. Happy Holidays! We hope these tips help you plan an outing with your baby without anxiety! Share your experience with us in the comments section.