Mom special - detox and get in shape
Created by Foram Modi Updated on Oct 25, 2019
Once you’ve had that first taste of motherhood, you know how much energy you need! And keeping your fitness levels up post pregnancy can seem like a daunting task with baby care and countless chores on your to-do list. But don’t make the mistake of neglecting your health and fitness. A detox diet can help you stay on the good health track. Read on to find out more about detox to get in shape.
What Does The Word Detox Mean?
Detox is a process we take on in order to make lifestyle changes to clear our body of toxins. These lifestyle changes typically involve abstaining from certain harmful things and optimizing body processes. Now comes the question what are toxins and how do we have them in our body?
Toxins can be anything that can harm your body – food, water, air, even your clothes. Detoxification is the best way to remove the toxins from your body.
How Do Toxins Affect Your Body?
There are numerous ways in which toxins can affect your body and as they build up they can interfere with absorption of natural vitamins and minerals, can kill the good bacteria, resulting in health issues.
How Do Antioxidants Benefit You?
Antioxidants: keep hearing this word? You know they’re good for you, but not exactly sure what they do? Here’s how your body benefits from antioxidants.
- Antioxidants are known to prevent heart diseases, cancer and a ton of other health issues
- Commonly found in fresh fruit, vegetables, even dark chocolate, antioxidants keep your body healthy by preventing the oxidation of harmful molecules
So read on for some great health drinks and smoothies packed with antioxidants and other healthy ingredients!
Easy Detox Recipes To Get In Shape
Here are some easy and yummy detox recipes to get in shape and stay fit and fine as well.
Matcha Magic Detox Smoothie
Ingredients To Prepare Matcha Magic Detox Smoothie
- Some spinach leaves
- 1 apple (green or red) cut into slices
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp matcha tea
- 2 tbsp. walnuts
- water and ice as required
Method For Preparing Matcha Magic Detox Smoothie
- Blend all the ingredients together for a minute, and enjoy!
- Matcha is rich in amino acid L-Theanine, which has a calming effect on your mind
- Matcha is a Japanese tea rich in antioxidants, and can be bought online or in big general stores
- Matcha also has serotonin, and is good for keeping depression at bay
- Walnuts are great for healthy skin and hair, as they are loaded with Vitamin E
- Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties
Morning Sunshine Detox Smoothie
The Morning Sunshine Detox Smoothie is loaded with ingredients that will not only kill toxins but will also give you loads of energy through the day.
Ingredients For Morning Sunshine Detox Smoothie
- 1 cup of orange juice (preferably organic juice)
- 1 tsp. haldi powder
- A scoop of vanilla flavored Protein Powder
- 1 cup of water (as cold as you like your smoothie to be!)
Method For Preparing Morning Sunshine Detox Smoothie
Note: This smoothie is a wholesome breakfast in a glass! You can use this smoothie as meal replacement as it provides enough protein and carbohydrates. This way, you can have a balanced meal before heading out the door.
Violet Burst – A Berry Detox Smoothie
Berries are your best friends for the antioxidant and fiber content. This berry smoothie is extremely easy to make, and is delicious, too!
Ingredients For Violet Burst Smoothie
- Use any berries you have at home – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries!
- 100 ml coconut milk
- Water depending on the consistency you like
- 1 tsp. of oats
Method For Preparing Berry Smoothie Detox Drink
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender and voila!
- Your Violet Burst smoothie is ready!
Note: This smoothie has a high antioxidant and fiber content from all the berries, and healthy fat from the coconut milk.
Try out these detox smoothies for a healthy way to get into shape. Remember that fitness isn’t about extreme diets. Follow a healthy lifestyle, remain stress-free and laugh a lot! We wish you a very happy and healthy motherhood!
Do you have any detox favorite recipes? Share your tips with us in the comments section!
| Nov 04, 2017
Nice blog.. really helpful and yummy recipes
| Nov 03, 2017
These detox recipes would definitely help us get back in shape and feel good. the blog is really useful and the recipes seem awesome. thanks for sharing!!
| Aug 23, 2017
nice recipies , thanks.
| Aug 22, 2017