When do you need a physiotherapist?
Created by Nishu Singh Updated on Jun 27, 2021
Do you In your day-to-day routine get those small aches and pains that you tend to ignore, thinking that they’ll just go away, however ignoring them they tend to get worse, thus making it difficult for you to function to your fullest. That’s where you need a professional help of a physiotherapist who with right exercises and massaging techniques provide you with long lasting relief. But before you read on about why and when you need physiotherapy, let’s see what physiotherapy is.
What Is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a field of medical science wherein the patients are treated by physical methods like massage, heat treatment and exercises, instead of medicines or surgery. At times physiotherapy is used as a support treatment in curing injuries like fractures, deep cuts among others.
Why Do You Need To Consult A Physiotherapist?
Physiotherapy can be the answer to different types of ailments. This is the reason it is considered as a treatment for several types of diseases, injuries or deformities in a person by physical methods; mainly massage, exercise, and heat treatment instead of medicines or surgeries. A professional physiotherapist can offer you relief from aches and pains caused due to injuries or ailments.
When Do You Need To Consult A Physiotherapist?
Often orthopaedists or neurologist's recommend physiotherapy for patients who require pain relief through massage and heat treatment. There are several cases when a professional physiotherapist becomes your only hope to get pain relief and enjoy the normal movements of the limbs. This can also be especially true if you happen to live in a small city or remote area, where access to specialised care is hard to find.
What Are the Common Ailments For Which You Need To Consult Physiotherapist?
These are a few common ailments that a physiotherapist can help you cure -
- Arthritis: This is a common health issue which can be treated by the process of physiotherapy. A physiotherapist can massage the joints and provide heat treatment to your bones and offer you relief from pain. This will help you feel good and start moving those joints without any trouble soon after you start treatment
- Spine and Back Pain: Physiotherapy for spine and back pain works like magic. There are countless patients who had severe pain in their back, lower back or spine and have almost lost their normal movement. They can get rid of their pain and recover their normal active life with regular physiotherapy treatment
- Neurological Pain: some of us can suffer from severe pain in various parts of the body due to a neurological disorder. In such cases, a well-trained, professional and efficient physiotherapist can offer proper treatment. You can get relief from that pain soon after you start visiting that professional
- Sports Injuries: These types of injuries can be severe, and they need immediate and proper treatment. Physiotherapy is considered as the safest and easiest way of treating these injuries because the players do not need to have any medicine or surgery which may affect their performance. The massage, exercise and heat treatments can offer quick relief from pain, and they can get back to their field once again
- In Pregnancy: The role of physiotherapists in pregnancy is also very vital. They help would-be moms to stay fit and feel healthy during the pregnancy. It can help control the blood pressure and heart rate of the baby too
So stop ignoring those small aches and pains and consult a physiotherapist today for a pain-free, active life!
Did you find Nishu’s blog on physiotherapy useful? Have you ever suffered from chronic pain? How did you cope? Do leave your comments. We love hearing from you!
| Sep 20, 2017
physiotherapy also helps in rehabilitation of patients with debilitating conditions.. sometimes it is the last resort to treat a deformed bone or an immobile body part. . physiotherapy helped my mother recover to a great extent with her immobile left hand after she suffered from stroke. thank u so much Nishu Singh for sharing this useful blog which would definitely help Proparents .
| Sep 20, 2017
Nyc blog Nishu Singh . Physiotherapy is actually a boon for society but today also ppl think it as a massage therapy. It's very difficult to tell ppl the importance of physiotherapy in day to day life. I hope this blog of urs can help ppl understand what actually physiotherapy is