How To Handle Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) in Your Child
Created by Soma Sarkar Updated on Feb 25, 2021
Just like all other creatures human are so much attached to their offsprings specially mothers. The moment a little miracle comes to make our world happy we start caring about him.We cautiously keep on caring for their tiny body. But in spite of so much care they somehow get infected or fall ill. We can't do anything but depend on doctor's prescription, home remedies and a ton of patience.
Of all the vital organs of a child, eyes are the most sensitive. Eyes are also prone to infection. Conjunctivitis which is also known as Pink eye. An infection which causes inflammation and redness in the eyes. The conjunctiva is a thin, clear, moist membrane that coats the inner surfaces of the eyelids and the outer surface of the eye. Symptoms include inflammation or sometimes redness inside the membranes of eyes (white portion inside eyes). It can happen due to various factors such as bacteria, viruses, chemical agents or may be due to some allergies.
Types Of Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
Bacterial pink eye:It forms a yellowish discharge and pinkness of eyes that may cause the eye lids to stick together especially after sleep
Sexually transmitted:From infected mother to new born during childbirth
Viral pink eye:It happens mostly due to common cold. It’s symptoms are watery eyes and itching. The infection usually begins with one eye, but may spread easily to the other one. It is highly contagious (can quickly spread form one to another)
Allergic:Due to release of histamine, kids get dialted blood vessels and become allergic to some factors
Symptoms of Pink Eye(Conjunctivitis)
There will be pain in eyes, redness, and irritation, redness of eyelid, discharge, dryness, itchiness, puffy eyes, swollen lining of the eye, congestion, runny nose or sneezing. Patients may become sensitive to light. These are common symptoms seen in kids affected with pink eye.
Treatment Of Pink Eye(Conjunctivitis)
For allergic pinkeye doctor will give some antihistamines. For bacterial infection or sexually Transmitted infections antibiotics will be prescribed with some eye drops. Viral pinkeye takes around one week for cure. Read more on conjunctivitis treatment advice.
Protection From Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Try not to touch or rub the infected eye
- Protect your kids by washing their hands repeatedly with soap and be careful while eating with hands
- If there is any discharge from eyes soak cotton in warm water and gently wipe it off
- Be hygienic, wash all clothes and usable regularly
- Avoid sharing unwashed towels and glasses
- If your child has bacterial or viral pinkeye, keep your child at home, avoid school or day care until he is ok
Conjunctivitis Home Remedies
- If it is due to allergy, you can give cold compress (dampen a towel in cold water and gently press on eyes)
- If pinkeye happened due to infection, warm compression helps. The bioflavonoids present in green tea like matcha green tea helps when given as a compression
- You can apply cold raw potato slices for smoothening effect
- For babies, mother's milk is helpful
- Aloe Vera gel can be applied because of it antiviral and antibacterial properties
- Anti-inflammatory turmeric or honey or tulsi can be given along with food or you can boil tulsi leaves in water and use to wipe eyes
Hope above information can prevent your kids from spreading pinkeye. Please contact physician as soon as you see pink discoloration of eyes and complete the course of antibiotics. Tell your child to maintain hygiene if he is away from home.
Did you like the blog? Did you find it useful? Please share your thought, ideas and feedbacks with us in the comments below; we’d love to hear from you
| Aug 18, 2020
ATTENTION PLEASE!!! Am so glad expressing my profound gratitude to a man that is so concerned about other people's well being. I was suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS TYPE II) over 2years, i have spent thousands of dollars in buying expensive drugs and visiting several hospitals in different countries, i was really in selvage pain "until" one glorious morning, i read about Dr. Kham on the internet on how he had helped and cured so many people suffering from HERPES 1$2, HPV, CANCER, HIV/AIDS, ALZHEIMER, FIBROID, ENLARGED PROSTATE and HEART DISEASE ETC. So I contacted him through this Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com and i shared my problems with him, he gave me the healing procedure and i followed them. Two weeks later after I received and used his product, he told me to go for a medical test, behold the result was negative, now am HERPES VIRUS free. I just want to use this platform to thank Dr. Kham for curing me from that deadly virus and also for exposing his herbal cure to the world at large, please you can as well contact him at his Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com (or) visit his website https://drkhamherbalhealingcenter.wordpress.com/ or https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba you can also visit his Whatsapp at +2348159922297 for solutions to your health problems...