Putting Your Teen On A Junk Food Detox?
Created by Urvashi Shah Updated on Apr 26, 2021
Putting your teen on a junk food detox can be a daunting task, as it is the time when your child’s hormones are raging and anything you say falls on deaf ears. So how do you put your teen on a junk food detox? The answer is subtly – without him or her letting know that you are doing it.
10 Things To Know Before Putting Your Teen On A Junk Food Detox
- Frequent snacking: So your teen has a habit of frequent snacking and that’s when he or she reaches out for junk food. Replace the junk food with fresh fruits and veggies like carrots and cucumbers
- Set a schedule: Your teen is old enough to know that there are set meal timings and ensure that schedule is followed stringently without fail. Set a fixed time for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner where you can only serve the healthy variety of home cooked foods and drinks
- Say no to sugared drinks: Not just food, even certain drinks are considered unhealthy which is why you must refrain your child from consuming them frequently. Teach him to say a big ‘NO’ to canned juices and you can often prepare fruits and vegetable juices at home without adding sugars in them. It is better that your child eats the fruits more rather than consuming their juices, which adds on to the sugar levels that will not be healthy in the long run
- Hydrate: Make it a habit for your child to drink water frequently, which will keep his or her stomach filled most of the time. The more water he or she drinks, the more glowing his or her skin will be
- Check the ingredients while buying: Be smart with your purchases and avoid buying processed foods with high sugar and salt content it them
- Homemade pizzas are better: Once in a while satisfy your child’s cravings with homemade junk food that includes pizzas, burgers and any other that he or she craves
- Go vegetarian: Our body can naturally detoxify itself when given the right nutrients, which are mostly found in plants. This is why you must serve more of leafy vegetables to your child that are enriched rich in vitamins and minerals. Initially he or she may resist, but be firm and your teen will come around to a healthy diet
- Wash your veggies and fruits: Going on a detox diet doesn’t only mean having organic foods. It all starts by first washing your fruits and vegetables before cooking or consuming them. Teach this habit to your child which will help him or her in the long run
- Add fibre to your diet: Feed your child more of food which contains high amount of fibres. This will help him or her with digestion and will keep any stomach issues at bay
- Be flexible: Be flexible about the junk food detox diet, as being too strict about it can backfire. Keep a cheat day once a week where your child can indulge in his favourite foods at least one time a day
These tips will come handy to you in to tricking your toddler eat the right kind of food for a healthy tomorrow.
| Apr 16, 2018
Is your child a junk food addict who loves to eat burgers and pizzas? Junk food can seem appealing for many reasons such as taste, convenience, and price. However, this has a negative impact on health https://www.parentcircle.com/article/how-to-detox-your-child-from-junk-food/
| Aug 18, 2021
Thank you for sharing this. We recently noticed that snacks have become not very healthy, and even harmful. That is why we began to wonder how it is worth weaning from this bad habit. Because he is still a child, we naturally notice more of some inappropriate habits. I really hope that this will actually help, as we all understand that this is not a healthy diet. And I would like to get rid of this at the earliest stages so that further more drastic measures do not have to be used since I understand that this can have the opposite effect. https://herbiesheadshop.com/collections/autoflowering
| Aug 20, 2021
Cool topic! Hydrate makes it your child's habit to drink water often, and most of the time its stomach will remain filled. The more water you consume, the brighter your skin will be. https://cbdreakiro.com/shop/category/cbd-oil-sprays-19