How To Go On A Solo Trip With Your Toddler?
Created by Urvashi Shah Updated on Feb 01, 2021
So you are planning a solo trip with your toddler, do you know what all you do need to have a successful trip? Scroll down below to read some suggestions by our blogger to make your trip with your toddler a memorable one.
8 Things To Keep In Mind When Travelling Alone With Your Toddler
- Choose a child-friendly destination: Before you embark on a journey with your toddler it is advisable to do a thorough search about the destination. So a place with beaches, museums or desert will be your best bet. You can do some research on a list of places as well, as some of the places have activities to keep children engaged constructively
- Ditch the safe and go wild: While cities can be a safer option with a toddler in tow, it will not harm to be a little adventurous with your trip if you are prepared as well. Mountains and wilderness will be the best way to keep your toddler closer to the nature and let him and her enjoy some fresh mountain air as well
- Pack favourite toys: Wherever you plan to go on a trip don't forget to pack his or her favourite toys, as the toys will come handy to keep your toddler engaged when travelling long distances either on a road trip or train
- Keep all the documents ready and handy: Depending on where you are going keep all the travel-related documents handy so that there is no last minute rush. Maintain one folder wherein you put your passport, visas, and travellers' cheque
- Clothing and other essentials: Whether taking a road trip or going by train or flight – do keep an extra set of clothes handy for a ready change in case of any accidents. Diapers are other essentials that you need to pack if your toddler is still wearing them else pack the extra set of undergarments as well. Don't forget to pack a camera to make videos and take snaps
- Make the reservations in advance: Whether you are travelling by train or by airways, you need to book your tickets in advance and keep a check on the schedule often in order to avoid any glitches at the end. The same goes with the hotel or the lodge that you plan to reside in whilst your holiday. So make the bookings in advance and have a peaceful journey and a memorable stay. Also, do keep a backup ready
- Pack enough finger foods: Yes, food will be available wherever you are going, but it is always advisable to pack enough homemade finger foods so that your toddler doesn't go cranky due to hunger
- Have fun: Once you have finally stepped out of the house with your little one, just have fun and stop worrying about anything else. Both of you are out there to enjoy and bond over the trip so why worry about unnecessary things? Leave your worries behind in the house and embark up on your wonderful journey with your toddler. Bring souvenirs from the place you visit so that you can cherish the memories of your trip for a lifetime. Don't forget to indulge in clicking a lot of selfies that you will want to share with your loved ones
Your child might throw tantrums often and might even go cranky for no fault of yours. But that's how toddlers are and believe us it will only add up to the experience.
Did you like the blog on how to go on a solo trip with your toddler? Are you planning to go on a solo trip with your toddler? Have you been on a solo trip with your toddler? Do share your stories with us in the comments section with us in the comments section below.
Top Travelling with Children Blogs
Top Travelling with Children Talks
Top Travelling with Children question