How to make your marriage strong post baby?
Created by Deepika Updated on Dec 27, 2017
Ria and Richa are two friends who met after a long time. And as is with friends the talk steered towards life in general and marriage in particular. While Ria seemed happily married, it was Richa who was having marital troubles and was not happy in her marriage. And while Ria's life was beaming with love, Richa was struggling for that love and was at continuous loggerheads with her husband. One fine day Richa asked her friend the secret behind her happy marriage and her friend told her to follow three simple rules of the relationship.
So what are those rules that could lead the unhappy Richa to the love and happiness she sought in her married life.
The Three Rules To Happy Married Life
There are essentially three rules and they are quite simple –
- Listen: When your partner says something to you listen to him or her. Give him or her the same response you would want from them. Give his or her thoughts the same respect you expect from him or her
- Forgive: Forgiveness is one of the best gifts you can give yourself and not to others. Yes, when you forgive someone it is for your peace of mind. So learn to forgive people. It is easier said than done. So initially it will be difficult as you would be simmering with anger but slowly let go and start saying to yourself – I forgive him or her. – and you would see that you are at peace with yourself
- Show gratitude: Show gratitude to your partner at least once in a day. No matter how insignificant the thing is but when you thank them he or she would do things with more enthusiasm knowing that his or her efforts are appreciated
How Can You Avoid Argument With Your Spouse?
Here are some ways to avoid arguments with your spouse.
- Have some quality time: It is quite important for couple to spend some time in alone. Tea time is the best time for a couple to spend together, talk about each other's sweet memories make some new memory. In case you are working make sure to find your own quality time with each other and bond over it
- Talk and share: Communication is one of the best medicines for healthy relationship. Share your thoughts and dreams. This would not only improve your bond but would also increase love and trust between you two
- Avoid arguments: The main cause of fight is both partner being angry at the same time. The best way to avoid fight is to be calm and listen when your partner is angry. Don't try to say anything when he or she is angry because it would only aggravate the anger and would not get you desired results
- Show care for each other: One of the best way to show your love is buying gifts for each other. However, do remember the nature of your spouse if he or she doesn't like to spend on gifts then this could be another reason for a huge fight between you two
- Fight is not always wrong: Well, yes fighting is not wrong but it has to be a fair fight and don't bring past issues in the current fight
Richa followed all the above-mentioned Ria's instructions and realized that the frequency of fights had reduced and she was happy in her married life.
In all these above-mentioned suggestions, do keep a note of your spouse's attitude and behaviour towards certain things else it can backfire on you.
Did you like the blog on how to make your relationship strong post baby? Share your views and thoughts on how did you make your marriage strong post baby and otherwise as well in the comments section below? We would love to hear from you as well.
| Dec 26, 2019
| Dec 21, 2019
Sleeping cycle of 5 month old baby
| Dec 21, 2019
I love this advice
| Dec 21, 2019