Celebrate Tulip Festival In Kashmir With Your Child
Created by Cheena M Gujral Updated on Jan 01, 2019
There are many destinations to visit in India when it comes to the spring season. The onset of spring is the ideal time for nature lovers to explore best of it. Similar is the case with Tulip Festival in Kashmir, the heaven on earth.
Kashmir is more or less known as the most unrest part of our country, so rarely one can think of visiting this beautiful city. But the people identifying with the city thought of encouraging such activities which can fetch more tourism with optimistic approach for Kashmir Valley. In this blog, I am also trying to highlight some extraordinary things which could be fun for your family and children.
What Is Tulip Festival?
Formerly known as Siraj Bagh, and Model floriculture Centre; Tulip Festival is conducted in Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden, which is named after eminent Indian Prime Minister. It was opened in 2007 to promote tourism.
- It is largest Tulip garden in Asia spread over 30 hectares and exhibiting around 60 varieties of 10 million Tulips
- Undoubtedly it is Asia’s largest Tulip flower show
- It is situated on the foothills of Zabarwan Range with an overview of Dal Lake
- Apart from Tulips, it aims to showcase many other varieties of flowers like daffodils, hyacinths and ranunculus
- This Festival commences on 25th March till 15th April, this year in 2018
Some other facts about the show-
- With best of Tulips on the dispense, the government of Kashmir has also put in efforts for the visitors by putting up stalls and kiosks
- Live bands that features local Kashmiri artists with both folk and rock music
- This Festival is organised every year with the arrival of spring in the valley
Why Is This Festival Important For Your Child?
While shortlisting the destination for vacations, we always think of the most suited attraction with children. Thus, Tulip Festival tops the chart being an informative place for your child and you can celebrate the Festival of flowers with great enthusiasm.
- The wide spread flowers and beautiful landscapes will encourage the love for nature in your child. They will feel connected and relaxed in nature's lap
- The hectares of land will allow them to run and explore, which will be the most entertaining thing for young children
- Such events are very informative with the perspective of botanical learning and detailing for medical students
- There are endless varieties of Tulips like parrot Tulip, standard Tulip, fringed Tulips , bi colour etc. which will infuse curiosity in your child
- Various stalls and art craft exhibitions will make your child familiar with the great culture in Kashmir and of course will bring them close to the heart-warming folk music
- Performances based on Urdu poetry will be an extraordinary delight for the viewers. Learning a new language is always welcoming in kids
- Kashmir is undeniably the most photogenic place on this earth and for sure it attracts the eye of photographer. This time when you visit Tulip Festival, please encourage your child for capturing the best flowers and trying hands on photography
You all must be very fascinated with the details I have mentioned over here. So don't miss the opportunity this year to witness the unique Tulip show in Kashmir valley, as the flowers will definitely appear more real and colourful than the textbooks your child have. Spare time and plan your travel to the enchanting hills of Himalayas!
Did you like the blog? Did you find it useful? Please share your thoughts with us in the comments section below; we’d love to hear from you.