Ways to get your children to eat better!!!
Created by Parentune Support Updated on Jul 27, 2021
I am a mother of a nine-month old daughter and making her eat is a task for me. All children have different eating habits and here are some ways, I have tried following with my little one, though it’s too early to start with but then, as the saying goes, early the better.
1) Introducing new foods slowly. Taste buds develop slowly and gradually. Forcing them to eat is not right. Try a new food item and wait for 2-3 days and then offer it to them again.
2) Schedule. It’s really important to form a proper schedule for your child’s diet as they get hungry after every 3-4 hours. They would get less cranky if food is given at the right time.
3) Be creative. Have fun while cooking. The more you are creative while preparing their dishes, the more they will enjoy the food.
4) Let them taste what you are eating. This basically focuses on the smaller age group children. We should give them a tiny bite from our plate to make them comfortable with food.
5) Having a meal time can also work wonders. Making him sit on a chair where the rest of the family also eats can make him understand meal time.
6) Sometimes, giving them a break and leaving them on their own when they are eating is a good idea. It not only is a way to make them independent but also helps their motor skills, like grasping a spoon putting it in the food and then to his mouth can be a good exercise.
Hopefully these tips will work for other mothers too.