Why Is Vitamin E Important For Your Toddler?
Created by Soma Sarkar Updated on Jun 04, 2018
As a parent we often get worried about child's diet, if they are getting a balanced meal. Whether s/he is getting all the required minerals and vitamins. So in them one of the Vitamin is Vit E. Let's see what's it and its importance in your kids diet. Basically it is an antioxidant. Naturally occurring vitamin E exists in eight chemical forms (alpha, beta, gamma, and delta tocopherol: alpha, beta, gamma, and delta tocotrienol). Alpha (α) tocopherol is the only form that is recognized to meet human requirements.It is fat soluble as it does not get absorbed in the body if diet lack of fat.
- Vitamin E is important for functioning of the body's organs
- It helps in maintaining healthy skin, good vision, functioning of the immune system
- It is an antioxidant in the body protecting cell membranes from free radicals, cancer, cataracts, and many degenerative diseases
- It protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation and repairs damaged skin
- Act as a natural anti-aging nutrient within our body
- Helps making red blood cells and enables it to use Vitamin K
Healthy diet is required for child's health and development. So let's check some food sources which can fulfil Vitamin E requirements:
- Vegetable oils sunflower, and safflower oils are among the best sources of vitamin E. Corn and soybean are also good
- Nuts as peanuts, hazelnuts especially, almonds and seeds (like sunflower seeds) are also among the best sources of vitamin E
- Food companies add vitamin E to some breakfast cereals, fruit juices, spreads, and other foods. Check product labels of packaged food
- Green vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, tomatoes
- Fruits papaya, mangoes all have Vitamin E
- Eggs and tofu can also be taken for it
Dietary requirements per day in mg (milligrams):
- Birth to 6 months- 4 mg
- 7 to 12 months- 5 mg
- 1 to 3 years- 6 mg
- 4 to 8 years- 7 mg
Vitamin E Oil For Babies:
It treat a wide range of ailments. It helps in moisturizing, soothing skin, protection of skin irritating itches, scars and is usually included in all good oils for massage.Check the product details while purchasing.
Let’s care for our bundles of joy more and help him/her grow happy with good health with some Vitamin E.
Did you like the blog? Did you find it useful? Do share your thoughts with us in the comments section below; we’d love to hear from you.
| May 31, 2018
j klkjkjjjj milk zdtujhjmhfikkhujge0hfrj hhx
Some custom error
Some custom error