3 Christmas Dessert Recipes with Ingredients
Created by Huda Shaikh Updated on Nov 26, 2018
It is the festive season! Add some more fun to the celebrations with our three Christmas recipes. We promise you everyone will be left asking for more! With Christmas on us, here’s something to indulge your family in. Our super luscious recipes will surely make the festival more fun.
Christmas Desserts Ideas & Options
#1. Christmas Cake
A Christmas classic, no celebration will be complete without this one!
- 210 grams Plain flour
- 4 Eggs
- 200 grams Castor sugar
- 225 Butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 100 grams Almonds (70 grams whole+30 grams ground)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 145 grams each raisin, currants
- 80 grams Mixed peel (available at grocery stores)
- 50 grams dried cherries
- 2 tbsp Orange zest
- 5 tbsp Plain flour
- Combine raisins, currants, mixed peel, cherries, and orange zest. Combine with 5 tablespoons flour.
- Combine butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add remaining flour, baking powder, and ground almonds; fold into butter mixture. Mix in fruit mix from step
- Spread in foil-lined 20 cm round cake tin (with 7.5cm depth).
- Bake at 170 C for about 1 1/2 hours, until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove cake from the tin.
- Toast almonds in oven until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Brush honey over top surface of hot cake. Arrange almonds on top. After cooling, the cake will not be sticky.
#2. Egg Nog
Synonymous with Christmas, this eggy drink is also healthy and nourishing for your children.
- 200 ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 25 ml Cream
- 10-15 grams sugar
- A pinch Nutmeg powder
- Few drops of Vanilla extract
- Beat together the milk, cream, sugar, and egg in a medium-sized nonstick/ thick bottomed saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes. Do not let it boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence.
- Serve immediately, topped with freshly grated nutmeg to taste. Or you may refrigerate it, serve it cold, or reheat it before serving. If it thickens with refrigeration, simply thin with a little extra milk.
Check This: 6 Gluten-free Cake Recipes for Christmas
#3. Rich Chocolate Mousse
A very popular dessert with children, this one is a must-have
- 25-grams plain cooking chocolate + 1 ½ tsp Butter OR
- Cocoa powder 1 Tablespoon dissolved in 2 tablespoon water + 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 Egg
- 60 grams Cream
- 1 ½ tbsp Castor sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Gelatin
- A few drop Vanilla essence
- Soak gelatin in 1 tablespoon of water
- Melt chocolate bits with vanilla and butter. (if using cocoa, cook the paste over a double boiler).
- Separate yolk and white. Add beaten yolk, sugar and soaked gelatin to the above mixture when it cools slightly.
- Whip the egg whites till stiff. Beat the cream. Mix the chocolate mixture with the egg white and beaten cream and pour into soufflé cup.
- Keep it in the freezer till set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
Check This: Christmas Gift Ideas or Options you can explore
Here’s wishing everyone a Merry Christmas
| Dec 26, 2017
yummilicious christmas recipes to make this day all the more special and share happiness with friends and family through these dishes.. I would definitely give these dishes a try.
| Jul 28, 2017
Thanku so much Puja.