Bedwetting Causes & How to Handle Bedwetting in Tween?
Created by Aparna Jha Updated on Sep 01, 2021
Being a parent is immensely challenging, it’s not a cakewalk. We have to continuously keep an eye on our tween so as to nurture them. Identifying the problem and finding an adequate solution to their issues is our responsibility. One such misery is bedwetting in teen.
Bedwetting Cause in Children
The medicinal name for not having the capacity to control your pee is enuresis. Read if your tween is facing similar problems. The possible reasons for bedwetting are as follows:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a major contributor, for instance, the death of a close family member, rape, natural disasters, etc. spark tween bedwetting
- Less production of antidiuretic hormone (ADH) in the body leads to higher production of urine
- Night time bedwetting also occurs because youngsters overlook the urge to urinate and put off urinating as long as they can. Defective toilet habits make the child incapable of holding urine during his sleep hours
- Genetics can also activate teenage bedwetting. Small bladders cannot hold the entire pee produced amid the night
- Psychological problems such as adapting in a new environment, stress, and pressure are also the root for bedwetting
- Infection in the bladder or urinary tract infection triggers the teens to urinate redundantly
- Intake of excessive liquid, as well as deep sleep, acts as an obstacle to wake up to urinate are other possible causes
Ways to Manage Bedwetting in Your Tween
These are a few effective bedwetting solutions to treat your tween’s trouble. Read carefully
- Practicing the habit to wake up and urinate one or more times during the night. This preliminary step can be beneficial in making the bladder dry
- Usage of Bedwetting alarm in order to awaken the teen, the alarm works on the principle of a closed electric circuit which rings when the youngster drops urine while sleeping. If Bedwetting alarms are not affordable for you, then take advantage of a normal alarm clock and set the timing after 4 to 5 hours. This is an effective bedwetting treatment
- Avoid the intake of drinks containing caffeine as it boosts urine production. It is imperative to keep in mind that your adolescent should skip out on taking excessive fluids 1 to 2 hours before the bedtime
- Desmopressin acetate (DDAVP) pills are used in case the alarm tactics fail to work. It marks down urine production. It finds immense utility during camp sleepovers or traveling to curtail the awkward situation. This medication answers all the questions of parents about how to stop bed wetting
- Ensure that your juvenile has a regular bowel movement every day and practice hygienic lifestyle
- The home solution for bedwetting lies in taking of a healthy and balanced diet including leafy vegetables and fiber-rich content. Almond, milk, walnut, raisins, Banana, herbal tea and cinnamon bark are efficacious
- Take warm oil and gently massage over the lower abdomen of the minor regularly until and unless his problem of bedwetting is resolved.
Did you like the blog? Did you find it useful? Please share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with us; we’d love to hear from you.