Delicious Recipes for Winter
Created by Nandini Muralidharan Updated on Nov 03, 2017
It is the season of warm blankets, snazzy mufflers and cold days. Nothing better than snuggling into a quilt, with a mug of hot chocolate, and maybe some cookies. And maybe some cake too. Don’t wait and try our yummy recipes. They will keep you happy and will be a treat for the little ones. Check them out.
Who doesn’t love a good brownie with a piping hot cup of coffee? Sounds like the perfect winter afternoon, doesn’t it?
Ingredients For Preparing Hazelnut Brownie
- 1 cup maida
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted cooking butter
- 150 gm semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Method For Preparing Hazelnut Brownie
- Toast the hazelnuts and remove the skin. Chop them coarsely
- Preheat the oven to 160C, and grease the baking tin
- Place the cocoa, flour and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, place the butter and chocolate
- Microwave the butter and chocolate, until you have a smooth mixture of the two
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla
- Add the chocolate-butter mix and mix slowly
- Now add the mixture of dry ingredients and stir it in slowly
- Add the hazelnuts
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and cut into brownie sized servings!
Spiced Hot Chocolate
Ingredients For Preparing Spiced Hot Chocolate
- 3/4 cup milk
- 50 gm dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Method For Preparing Spiced Hot Chocolate
- Heat the milk and cream together
- Add sugar, chocolate and cocoa
- Keep whisking while bringing it to a boil
- Transfer it to a mug and add cinnamon and nutmeg
- Stir and serve warm with some marshmallows/cookies
Yummy Winter Cookies
Every one love cookies and if there are rich in nuts and dry fruits they taste amazing. Here is a recipe of one such cookie.
Ingredients For Preparing Winter Cookies
- 150 gm yellow butter, softened
- 80 gm brown sugar
- 80 gm white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 225 gm refined flour or maida
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200 gm chocolate chips or chocolate roughly broken
Method For Preparing Winter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 190 C. Grease and line a baking tray
- Take butter and both sugars in a bowl and beat till creamy
- Add vanilla extract and egg
- Sieve flour, salt and baking soda together
- Add chocolate chips
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix gently with a spoon till it comes together like a dough
- Make small balls of the dough
- Flatten with hands (oil hands lightly first)
- Place well apart on a baking tray and put in the oven
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until light brown on the edges and soft in the center
Winter is a time to snuggle in under the quilt, binge-watch some of your favorite shows and feast on delicious food. Try out some of our lip-smacking, tasty winter recipes – they’re likely to become your favorites, too!
Have any more winter recipes that you love? Share your tips with us in the comments section!
| Nov 03, 2017
yummilicious Recipes! I am definitely gonna try some of those.. thanks so much for this wonderful blog!!
| Dec 30, 2014
Nice recipes. Can u suggest an alternative for eggs as v don't eat eggs.
| Dec 26, 2014
nice.. will try them
| Dec 26, 2014
good ideas though i think they could have been healthier
| Dec 26, 2014
nice recipes... i like the hot chocolate one specially. simple and yummy.
| Dec 25, 2014
really delicious recipes.