Delicious Winter Recipes Options for Kids - Ingredients & Method
Created by Nandini Muralidharan Updated on Nov 16, 2018
As the temperature takes a dip and weather becomes slightly chilly during early mornings, it is the perfect time to savour some delicious hot cakes, brownies and of course not to forget cookies that are freshly baked with a hot piping cup of tea or coffee. Drooling?
It is the season of warm blankets, snazzy mufflers and cold days. Nothing better than snuggling into a quilt, with a mug of hot chocolate, and maybe some cookies. And maybe some cake too. Don’t wait and try our yummy recipes. They will keep you happy and will be a treat for the little ones. Check them out.
3 Delicious Winter Recipe Options for Kids & Family
What are you waiting for then? Just try these delicious winter recipes and make your family crave for more…
#1. Hazelnut Brownies
Who doesn’t love a good brownie with a piping hot cup of coffee? Sounds like the perfect winter afternoon, doesn’t it?
Ingredients For Hazelnut Brownie:
- 1 cup maida
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted cooking butter
- 150 gm semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preparation Method for Hazelnut Brownie:
- Toast the hazelnuts and remove the skin. Chop them coarsely
- Preheat the oven to 160C, and grease the baking tin
- Place the cocoa, flour and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, place the butter and chocolate
- Microwave the butter and chocolate, until you have a smooth mixture of the two
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla
- Add the chocolate-butter mix and mix slowly
- Now add the mixture of dry ingredients and stir it in slowly
- Add the hazelnuts
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and cut into brownie sized servings!
#2. Spiced Hot Chocolate
Ingredients Spiced Hot Chocolate
- 3/4 cup milk
- 50 gm dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Method For Preparing Spiced Hot Chocolate
- Heat the milk and cream together
- Add sugar, chocolate and cocoa
- Keep whisking while bringing it to a boil
- Transfer it to a mug and add cinnamon and nutmeg
- Stir and serve warm with some marshmallows/cookies
#3. Yummy Winter Cookies
Every one love cookies and if there are rich in nuts and dry fruits they taste amazing. Here is a recipe of one such cookie.
Ingredients For Preparing Winter Cookies
- 150 gm yellow butter, softened
- 80 gm brown sugar
- 80 gm white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 225 gm refined flour or maida
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200 gm chocolate chips or chocolate roughly broken
Method For Preparing Winter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 190 C. Grease and line a baking tray
- Take butter and both sugars in a bowl and beat till creamy
- Add vanilla extract and egg
- Sieve flour, salt and baking soda together
- Add chocolate chips
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix gently with a spoon till it comes together like a dough
- Make small balls of the dough
- Flatten with hands (oil hands lightly first)
- Place well apart on a baking tray and put in the oven
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until light brown on the edges and soft in the center
Winter is a time to snuggle in under the quilt, binge-watch some of your favorite shows and feast on delicious food. Try out some of our lip-smacking, tasty winter recipes – they’re likely to become your favorites, too!
Have any more winter recipes that you love? Share your tips with us in the comments section!
| Nov 03, 2017
yummilicious Recipes! I am definitely gonna try some of those.. thanks so much for this wonderful blog!!
| Dec 30, 2014
Nice recipes. Can u suggest an alternative for eggs as v don't eat eggs.
| Dec 26, 2014
nice.. will try them
| Dec 26, 2014
good ideas though i think they could have been healthier
| Dec 26, 2014
nice recipes... i like the hot chocolate one specially. simple and yummy.
| Dec 25, 2014
really delicious recipes.
Top Food and Nutrition Blogs
Top Food and Nutrition Talks
Top Food and Nutrition question