Yummy Homemade Food Recipes For Your Child
Created by Urvashi Shah Updated on Oct 01, 2018
How often do you run behind your child with a plateful of healthy food items in your hand? In this game of hide and seek, do you tend to worry that your child might not be getting the required amount of nutrition? It takes a great deal of effort and pain to feed healthy to our children as they are fussy eaters. Being parents, we tend to grow more worrisome with our children’s fussiness increasing day by day.
5 Simple Food Recipes for Your Children
If you are confronting such troubles on a daily basis then here I am putting an end to all your worries by giving a few simple recipes that you can make with an ease for your little one. Bid goodbye to all your hassles of feeding healthy to your child right away.
Peanut butter banana quesadillas Recipe:Peanut butter and banana quesadillas are a perfect combo that your fussy little eater won’t deny. Easy to make and healthy to eat, here is the recipe for the same
- 2 inch whole wheat tortilla
- 3 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 medium banana
- 2 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spread the peanut butter over the surface of the tortilla
- Slice the banana very thinly and then arrange the slices over half of the tortilla and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the banana slices and then fold the tortilla in half
- Cook the quesadilla in a shallow pan over medium-low heat until golden brown and crispy on both sides. You can serve this to your child who will relish the taste of the same
Oats Idlis Recipe:If your child is bored of having regular idlis then add a twist to it with the help of oats, thus, making it a perfect healthy food for your child.
- 2 cups oats
- Half litre milk
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1 tbsp channa dal
- ½ tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- Half cup grated carrots
- Coriander finely chopped
- Half tbsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- In a pan roast the oats until it turns slightly brown and grind it nicely
- Take a pan, add oil and add mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal and let it simmer until golden or brown
- Add chopped chillies, grated carrots and coriander
- Add turmeric powder
- Add this seasoning to the powdered oats mixture and add the curd to it to make a batter like that of idli batter's consistency
- Grease the idli steamer plates with some oil and pour the batter in to it while steaming the idlis for 15 minutes
- The oats idlis are ready to be served with some chutney
Moong dal chilla Recipe:When it comes to eating healthy, moong dal chilla are the perfect food items to opt for.
- Split green gram half a cup
- Garlic roughly chopped
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- 4 Green chillies roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder half teaspoon
- Oil to shallow fry
- Green chutney 1 cup
- Skimmed milk cottage cheese (paneer) 1 cup
- Soak moong dal in 4 cups of water for about half an hour. Drain and grind with ginger, garlic, onion, green chillies and salt to a smooth batter
- Add red chilli powder and stir well
- Heat a tawa and grease it. Spread a ladle full of batter to a thin disc. Drizzle a little oil and cook on medium heat till the underside is done
- Carefully flip over, drizzle a little oil and cook till the other side is done too. Spread some green chutney over the chilla. Sprinkle paneer and fold the chilla over to a half moon shape. Moong dal chilla is ready to be served hot
Bread poha Recipe:Adding a twist to the regular poha is bread poha which will be quick to make for your little picky eater.
- 1 tbsp oil
- Pinch of hing, turmeric powder and salt 1 tbsp mustard seeds 6-7 curry leaves 1 whole red chilly Half cup of cooked peas 3 chopped breads 3 green chillies 1 tbsp lemon juice Coriander for garnish
- In a pan add some oil and heat it after which you can add mustard seeds, hing and turmeric powder
- Add curry leaves and the whole red chilly with green cooked peas. Sauté for a few minutes and add some salt to taste
- Add the bread pieces to it and sauté for a couple more minutes
- Sprinkle a bit of water to it and add green chillies, lemon juice and coriander for garnishing
- Your bread poha is ready to be served hot
Broccoli and baby corn pasta Recipe:This is one food item which no child will deny to have it in a quick go. So hesitate no more as below is the recipe to make pasta a healthy meal for your child.
- Half a cup broccoli
- Diced 7-8 baby corns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 chopped garlic
- 2 cups of paste of your choice
- Salt to taste
- Half cup parmesan shavings
- Blanch the broccoli in a pan of hot water for a couple minutes and then drain it well
- Boil the pasta and drain it once it is cooked perfectly
- Heat a pan with some olive oil, add garlic and sauté it for a few minutes. Add baby corn and sauté until it turns slightly brown
- Add the broccoli and toss well until everything is mixed perfectly. Add the seasoning and take the pan off the stove
- Add the cooked pasta in the mixture and garnish it with the shaved parmesan to enhance the taste
These amazing mouth watering dishes can be made for your child and you will be surprised how the fussiness goes away in no time. As these food items are easy to make, they can also make for a great lunch box snack that your child can take in school. Tummy filling yet healthy, these food items can be made by you for your entire family in no time.
Did you like the blog? Did you find it useful? Please share your thoughts, ideas and feedbacks with us in the comments section below; we’d love to hear from you.
| Feb 28, 2018
yummilicious recipes.. worth trying..