Meetha Poha Recipe For Infants & Toddlers
Created by Monika Updated on Nov 21, 2019
Meetha Poha recipe is a simple, easy and tasty dish among Indian festival foods. Beaten rice and jaggery are the essential ingredients while dried coconut powder and cardamom are the flavor enhancers and roasted nuts provide a divine nutty touch. It's favorite in our home, especially as a quick evening snack.
How to Prepare Meetha Poha?
Hoping you love meetha poha!! So, here is meetha poha preparation ingredient, recipes...
Meetha Poha Ingredients:
- Beaten Rice - 1 cup (poha/atukulu/aval)
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Dry coconut powder - 2 heaped tbsps
- Cashew nuts - 7-8, broken into pieces
- Almonds - 6-7, sliced fine
- Ghee - 1/2 tbsp
Meetha Poha Preparation Method
- Wash the beaten rice/poha well and drain. Sprinkle 2 tbsps of water over the beaten rice and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a small pan with ghee, add the broken cashew nuts and almonds and roast them to a golden brown and turn off flame. Pour the nuts along with leftover ghee to a small bowl.
- Add dry coconut powder and cardamom powder to the bowl and keep aside.
Expert's View - Live Chat - How Much Ghee is Advisable in a Day to the Kids
- Heat 1/2 cup water, add the grated jaggery, allow it to melt and bring to a boil. Reduce to low flame and cook the jaggery to softball consistency, approx 8-10 minutes. When you place a little jaggery syrup in a cup of water, it will form a softball. Turn off flame at this stage.
- Add the drained beaten rice to the dry coconut-roasted nuts mixture and mix well. Add this mixture to the jaggery syrup and mix well such that the contents are well combined.
- Remove to a serving bowl and serve garnish with roasted nuts.