Quick & Easy Dinner Food Recipes for Teenagers
Created by Huda Shaikh Updated on Jan 11, 2019
Toddlers can again be difficult to please population when it comes to food. Not only do they refuse to eat food but are smart enough to not fall in for the tricks laid down by you. It is because as they turn a year old, assertiveness sets in and they are absolutely aware of the foods they are supposed to eat and the ones they are supposed to refuse. But here are some recipes which I am sure your toddler would not want to refuse. [Explore Lunch Box Recipes for Teenagers Tiffin]
Easy Food Recipes For Dinner to Make at Home
Here are a few dinner food recipes for your teenagers which you can make at home. I am sure your toddler would definitely enjoy these -
#1. Corn & Capsicum Tikki's -
|Corn Kernels||1 cup|
|Chopped Capsicum||2 tbsp|
|Grated/Crumbled Paneer||2 tbsp|
|Paprika/red chili powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Rice flour||2 tbsp|
|Black pepper powder||1/4 tbsp|
|Oil to fry||As per taste|
|Salt||As per taste|
How to Prepare Corn & Capsicum Tikki's?
- Firstly puree the corn in a blender without water, make sure it’s a smooth paste.
- Now add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Now divide the mixture into small portions and flatten each into a Tikki with your palm.
- Add oil in a pan and deep fry it till golden brown.
- Place this Nikki's on absorbent paper and serve with green chutney or some tomato ketchup.
#2. Macaroni In Indian Style -
|Boiled Macaroni||2 cup|
|Grated Carrot||2 tbsp|
|Boiled Peas||2 tbsp|
|Chopped Onion||2 tbsp|
|Chopped Capsicum||1 tbsp|
|Chopped French beans||2 tbsp|
|Chopped Tomato||1 pc|
|Chopped Garlic||1 tbsp|
|Mustard seeds||1 tbsp|
|Tomato ketchup||1 tbsp|
|Red Chili powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tbsp|
|Garam Masala powder||1 tbsp|
|Pav Bhaji masala||1 tbsp|
|Coriander powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Grated Cheddar cheese||2 tbsp|
|Chopped Coriander leaves for garnish||for taste|
How to Prepare Macaroni in In Indian Style?
- In a pan add mustard seeds, let them crackle. Now add chopped garlic and sauté for about a minute.
- Add onion and sauté for a few minutes. Now add capsicum and tomato, cook well for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add rest of the veggies and sauté till half cooked. Do not overcook the veggies as they lose taste and essential nutrients.
- Once the veggies are done then you need to add the masalas and cook well till. Add about 2-3 Tbsp of water and keep stirring occasionally.
- Add the macaroni, toss it and cook for more 2-3 minutes. Be careful and do not overcook.
- Add the macaroni to a bowl and garnish with cheese and chopped coriander leaves.
#3. Tomato & Peas Sandwich For Teens
- 1 Cup boiled and mashed peas
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 6-8 whole wheat bread slices
- Salt to taste
Hung Curd Filling -
- 3 Tbsp hung curd
- 1 Tsp chopped capsicum
- 1 Tsp chopped onion
- 2 Tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 Tsp mustard sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 Tsp chopped coriander
- ½ tsp paprika/chili powder
Preparation Method -
- Mix together the green peas paste and the hung curd filling a bowl.
- Now add the filling on top of the bread slices and place tomato slices.
- Apply green chutney on one side of the sandwich.
- Sprinkle salt and some oregano on top.
# 4. Banana Idlis for Teenager -
- Semolina- 1 cup
- Mashed banana- 3
- Jaggery- ½ cup, grated
- Salt a pinch
- Cardamom powder, a pinch
- 1/2 Tsp rose essence
- Ghee- ½ tbsp
- In a bowl mash the banana.
- Add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Now add little water and bring it to the idli batter consistency.
- Apply ghee in the idli plates and grease it well.
- Add the mixture and steam for 15 minutes.
Did you like the blog? Please leave your views and feedback in the comments section below…
Top Food and Nutrition Blogs
Top Food and Nutrition Talks
Top Food and Nutrition question