How to Celebrate Your Child’s First Christmas ?
Created by Urvashi Shah Updated on Nov 24, 2018
Your baby’s first year is full of milestones and Christmas shouldn’t be left behind. No matter how small your child is, you can make his first Christmas a special one, the memories of which you and him can cherish for a long time. With Christmas just round the corner, you must be wondering what all you can do to make his first Christmas a memorable one.
10 Ideas For Baby's First Christmas Celebrations
Here are 10 tips or ideas to covert christmas holiday season in to a special one for your child...
- Have a Christmas family photo shoot: In a world full of selfies, you can plan a Christmas family photo shoot where your family can dress up in a Christmasy way and you can dress up your child for the same. If you want to add some more fun to this, you can buy Christmas related costume for your child, such as that of a Santa, a reindeer or even an elf which will make the photo shoot even more colorful
- Create a holiday card: Borrowing this idea from the Western world, you can also take up doing a holiday card and sending it to your loved ones, wishing them a Merry Christmas. You can choose the best family photo from the photo shoot and add it on the card which has to be sent out to your loved ones
- Meet Santa for the first time: This sounds interesting for you as you can dress up and take your little one to meet the Christmas God, Santa Claus. Make him sit on Santa’s lap and you can click pictures of him
- Hang his first Christmas stocking: If you are in to the idea of celebrating Christmas in a traditional way, you can buy a little stocking for your child. Also, you can play a secret Santa and gift your child something valuable
- Socializing with loved ones: Since your baby has already completed a year and Christmas is arriving, you can plan to visit your loved ones this holiday season. You can even organize a Christmas party where your loved ones can drop by and get to meet your child so he starts becoming familiar with them. With a number of friendly people around, your child will be in Christmas glow.
- Make Christmas cookies: You can bake Christmas cookies in various shapes, sizes and colors, depicting Christmas. Your child will surely love to nibble on them
Try Preparing: 3 Christmas Dessert Recipes for whole family
- Make a card: You can make a handprint or a footprint Christmas card with your child. Make use of Christmas colors such as red and green and get your child’s hand or foot painted and stamp it on the sheet of paper. This card can be given out to your loved ones, marking the first Christmas of your little one
- Walking around to see the lights: Little ones get excited and happy looking at colorful lights which is why you must take your child for a walk around the block. All the Christmas glitterati will excite him and make his day a memorable one
Must Know: Christmas Gifts Ideas for your teenagers
- Read Christmas book to him: You can buy a pictorial Christmas book and read it out to your child while he gazes at the pictures in them. You can teach him about Santa and his elves
- Christmas pajamas for your child: There are many stores which come up with Christmas themed outfits for young ones. You can buy your child a Christmas pajama in red which he will love. Not only it will make him look cute, it will also provide him all the warmth in this chilly winter.
Apart from these there are a number of things that you can do to make your child’s first Christmas a special one. Make sure to click pictures of whatever you plan in order to save them for your child to cherish in the coming years.
Did you like the blog on how to celebrate your child's first Christmas? How did you celebrate your child's first Christmas? Do share your memories with us in the comments section below.
| Dec 10, 2018