How Can You Keep Your Baby Healthy Through Weather Changes?
Created by Soma Sarkar Updated on Apr 24, 2018
Weather change means more stress to parents, especially parents of small babies and toddlers. As summer on its peak already, in most parts of India, even little cold water or exposure outside can easily make your child sick. They can suffer from dehydration or heatstroke, if not cared well. Weather change is a natural phenomenon but the evolving mankind habits are mostly responsible for the abrupt weather change.
So now, before it is too late, we should take steps to stop polluting the nature and till then some tips to take care of your munchkin so that they can enjoy summers and have fun-
- First step plant trees or have some air purifying saplings in your balcony or any corner of room
- Use AC (not too cold) coolers or close the doors and windows during day, check for the ventilation during the nights
- Don't give anything too cold to eat or drink. Use earthen pots to store water. Give bath and sponge with tap water if possible twice a day
- Don't go outside in daytime if not necessary if going take hats or umbrella and travel in closed vehicle. Babies are sensitive to direct sunlight, so be extra cautious in summer season. If babies are breastfed mother's need to be hydrated all day
- Add fresh yoghurt in menu in form of lassi, chanch etc. for toddlers. If they want ice-cream, it is better not to give daily
- Lime water is must for hydrated body. Aam panna if your kid can drink it or bel sharbat, sattu drink are the best to keep heat at bay
- Add juices of musambi, oranges, sugarcane, watermelons in their menu or can make popsicles from them
- Colourful veggies are important to include in diet for energy. Soups can be real energy boosters
- Make them drink lots of water during playtime. You can also add plain glucose in water, avoid using colourful packaged energy drinks
Hope these tips can be useful, if you have any other ideas please do share.
Did you find this blog useful? Do share you thoughts with us in the comments section below; we'd love to hear from you.
| Apr 25, 2018
amazing write up . thanks for sharing.