8 Things to Know About Infants in Early Days
Created by Ankita A Talwar Updated on Jan 15, 2020
We all know the gyan about bringing up infants, but what about some thoughtful introspection? Infants are such interesting little creatures. While we goo and gaga at their cuteness, there are some things that you may not know that are actually quite fascinating!
Things to Know About Your Newborn in Early Days
Every newborn is unique. Every parent is always curious about his/her child. Given below are the points which you need to take care of at best in very early days. Continue reading
- Why Babies Get Bored? - Infants are more intelligent than you think. They do not cry out of hunger or wet diaper all the time. They can get bored. A change of scenery, or playing, helps. [Also Read - How important is boredom for your child?]
- Why Babies Love Routines? - A set routine of wake up times, nap times and feed times, keeps the child happy and easier for you to manage. While don’t obsess about it, stick to it broadly. [Also Read - Why Is Family Routines Important For Your Child?]
- Why Babies Love New Experiences? - Let people--especially dads—pitch in with baby chores. Even though your husband might not be the most competent baby caretaker, the way he will feed your child will be different from the way you do it. And babies love it, all the new experiences.
- Why Babies Love Your Voice? - Whatsapping on the phone or watching a movie while feeding may seem okay but try and connect with the baby. Talk to him, coo to him, sing to him…he will be a happier child. After all the experience of food is more than just a full stomach.
- Why Do Babies Need A Happy Family? - Good mother? Awesome! A good wife? Not right now? Why? Life changes, but don’t let the years slip out of your hands. Your family, in its entire totality, is important for the wellbeing of your child.
- Why Babies Need Balance? - Do Doctors say something, old people in the family another? Confused? Do what you think is right for the baby, what you can manage easily without getting worked up, and what practicality allows.
- Why Babies Love Outdoors? - Don’t let weather come in between your child and his fun in the outdoors. Clad him properly in winters and take him outdoors in the afternoons, while doing the reverse in the summer. No weather is too bad for the child. He will only develop immunity.
- Why Do Babies Know Themselves Well? - Though you may think you know how hungry the baby maybe, the baby knows it the best. He will eat only the amount he wants to and will fuss over that extra bite. Don’t force-feed. Listen to him.
| Jun 16, 2016
Very useful . Thank u