Giving Smoothies As a Meal Replacement for Your Child - Good or Bad?
Created by Urvashi Shah Updated on Apr 24, 2018
Do you always find yourself running behind your child to finish his or her veggies? Are the meal times the most stressful time for your children ? If you are nodding your head in yes, then scroll down to read how you can replace an entire meal with a smoothie that is healthy, fun and tasty as well for your growing toddlers. But before we go further let's see whether it's fine to give smoothie to your babies.
What If Giving Smoothie As a Meal Replacement to Your Child ?
Well, the answer to that question is yes, it is okay to give smoothie to your baby, as long as its fresh and healthy. A smoothie can replace a healthy meal if made with fruits and vegetables with no added sugar. A well-blended smoothie is colourful and different in taste, as compared to cooked veggies, hence your child loves it.
How Smoothies Can Benefit Your Child?
Here are some of the health and other benefits of smoothies for your growing child.
- Fresh and healthy: You can use fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare smoothie for your child. You can even use frozen fruits and vegetables which will do no harm. Serving this as a quick meal will fill your child's stomach and also give him/her all the health benefits since it contains fruits and vegetables
- Strengthens the immune system: Since the smoothies are all about veggies and fruits, it helps in building up the immunity, thus making your child less prone to illness due to seasonal changes
- Daily allowance of veggies and fruits taken care of: If your child is a fussy eater, then smoothie is your best bet, as it takes care of daily allowances of all fruits and veggies in just one glass
- Build muscles and improves athletic strength of your child: Since a glass of smoothie is all about yogurt, milk along with fruits and veggies – it is a powerhouse of nutrients and micronutrients needed to build muscle and bone strength
- Improves digestion: If your child has been suffering from constipation then, smoothie is your best bet, as it is easy to digest and improves over-all digestion. Smoothies are the best way to ensure that your child is getting enough dietary fibre, which aids in improved digestion
With these health benefits of smoothies, you can without a worry replace an entire meal with a smoothie. Colourful straws can be used for serving purpose so your child enjoys drinking it without cringing.
| Jul 30, 2018
plz snd some smoothies recipes for my 8 yr old boy...
| Jul 21, 2018
My daughter is 11 months old and she's very choosy for food. I also want smoothie recipes for her
| Jul 14, 2018
will you please share few smoothie recipes for children?? also the recommended timing. thanks
| Jul 13, 2018
my kid is 8. 5 yrs old... bt he is under weight . His weight around 20 kgs only.. becomong slim day by day... n evn dnt take interest in studies... plz suggest some weight gaining recipies .. he is non- vegan
| Jun 21, 2018
rcp of smoothie plz
| Jun 04, 2018
| Jan 19, 2018
smoothies are a great way to ensure essential nutritional requirements of babies are met with.. thanks for sharing!!
| Jan 19, 2018
Thank you for clearing the misconception that smoothies are not a replacement for a meal. Now I can prepare some healthy smoothies for my child.