10 Full-Of-Health Drinks for Summer Besides Water
Created by Aparna Jha Updated on May 27, 2020
Summers will be knocking at our doorstep pretty soon and so will the stubbornness of your younger one to consume soft drinks and other aerated drinks. But as parents, we are always avoiding situations where they see a bottle of a cool drink. Aren't we always thinking how can we make them avoid soda and sweetened beverages? These have a tendency to result in cavities and weight gain. Moreover, they are also associated with enhanced risk of illness such as diabetes.
Healthy Homemade Drinks for Summer
You may have noticed the excitement when you hand an aerated drink to your child and you may have also observed them throwing tantrums or being fussy about drinking a glass of milk. Son, in this scenario, how do you feed nutritious food to your child. Look for healthy homemade drinks. Mommies can easily count on these drinks and be sure that your child is drinking a full-of-health drink. Here are a few health drink ideas for your children. Check this
1. Coconut water: It not only has hydrating qualities but also consists of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, and other vital nutrients.
2. Mango Milkshake: Having the essence of potassium, vitamins, and fibers, this is the perfect milkshake recipe for summers to outwit your fussy little one. Firstly, make the mango pulp. Now, add sugar, milk and ice cubes and blend it together.
3. Herbal Teas: These do not contain an enormous amount of caffeine and prove to be effective when children undergo a throat infection or digestion problem. Herbal Tea aids in body detoxification. However, make sure that you do not serve it regularly.
4. Buttermilk: This traditional Indian drink helps in easier digestion and will keep your child cool during the scorching heat. Blend curd and water in a vessel, add salt, pepper and sprinkle some cumin powder over it. Serve it cold. [Know: Benefits of Butter-milks for Kids]
5. Mint and lemon drink: Squeeze the juice from lemon and blend it with water as well as mint leaves. Add sugar and salt accordingly and serve it with ice. This drink is absolutely refreshing and energizing, a perfect relief during sweltering heat season. Lemon has the potential to cleanse your body by removing toxins. Both mint and lemon aid digestion.
6. Litchi Lassi: Blend Litchi, curd, sugar, rose syrup with chilled water to make litchi lassi. Indians are fond of Lassi during summers, apart from this it has enormous health benefits associated with it. It enhances bone health, is an enriched source of probiotics, boosts the immune system and aids the digestion process.
7. Date Almond milkshake- Almonds and dates should be soaked for around half an hour in warm milk. Grind them thereafter. Now, add cold milk to the date-almond mixture and blend it. Honey can be added to enhance the taste. This milkshake is rich in high proteins, vitamins, and fiber and full of healthy goodness
8. Sweet lime juice (Mosambi): Sweet lime is a rich source of vitamin C. It relieves constipation and supports easy digestion.
9. Melon berry squash: Add watermelon, berries, lemon, honey and blend it well. This healthy drink contains antioxidants like vitamin C and Gallic acid, which helps in fighting against heart and circulatory disease. Watermelons are enriched with amino acids, Vitamin A, C, and B6.
10. Carrot Pear and Orange drink: Blend carrot, pear, oranges, honey, and mint leaves together to make this drink. Carrots are a rich source of antioxidants and fiber. Pear is rich in Vitamins such as C, K, B2, B3, B6, etc and also help maintain the cholesterol levels. Oranges are rich in electrolytes and Vitamin C. This drink proves to be a healthy and nourishing one.
Mommies, I hope you like the blog and will try out these recipes. Share these summer recipes with your mommy friends and help them keep sodas away from their child.
Top Food and Nutrition Blogs
Top Food and Nutrition Talks
Top Food and Nutrition question