5 Summer Recipes for Picky Eaters
Created by Huda Shaikh Updated on May 21, 2020
Many mums are worried as to why their child does not eat. Also with summer around the appetite of most of children tends to decrease, which is why mum’s are more confused as to what should be an ideal meal or as for that matter a healthy snack which not only fill your child’s tummy but would be equally nutritious. Here are some quick, easy and innovative recipes for your little child and he would no longer fuss about food.
Summer Special Meal Recipes for Your Fussy Eater
#1. IDLI Burger
- 4 ready made idlis (You can use the batter available in the market or prepare the batter at home
- 1 Cup normal rice and
- ½ cup urad dal,soak overnight and then grind,add salt let it ferment and then prepare idlis)
For The Tikks's-
- 2 Sweet potatoes,boiled and peeled
- 1 Tbsp capsicum,finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp spring onion
- 1 Tbsp grated carrots
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 Tbsp grated/crumbled paneer
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ Tsp red chilli powder
- ½ Chat masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsps of wheat flour/besan (to bind the tikkis)
TO ARRANGE THE BURGER-
- Small tomato- Cut into thin slices
- 1 Small cucumber- Cut in thin slices
- 2 Tbsp mint coriander chutney
- 2 Tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 Tbsp garlic sauce (home-made)(use yogurt, chopped garlic and a pinch of black pepper powder)
- 2 cheese slices
- Firstly cut the idlis into two halves.Place them aside.
- To make the tikkis, mash the sweet potatoes,add the veggies,paneer ,spices and salt. Mix well.
- Apply little oil on your palm and start making round balls out of the mixture, flatten each on your palm to make a tikki.
- Now shallow fry the tikkis on medium flame till golden brown.
- Once done place the tikkis on a oil absorbent paper,so that it is not too oily.
- Then take the 2 idli halves place them on a table top and apply mint chutney,little ketchup and garlic sauce.
- Place the tomato, cucumber slices and the tikki on one side of the idli , add on the cheese slice and cover with another half.
- You can insert a toothpick so that everything remains in place
#2. FRUITY ICE POP-
- 1 Glass pomegranate juice
- ½ cup greek yogurt/plain curd
- 1 Ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp Almond milk/soymilk
- 2 Tbsp sliced cherries
- Half sliced kiwi
- 6 Ice pop freezing molds.
- Fill half the mold with pomegranate juice, drop in some sliced cherries and freeze for an hour.
- Now in a small bowl blend together 2 Tbsps of greek yogurt , banana and almond milk.
- After an hour add the greek yogurt mixture and add dew kiwi slices.Again freeze for an hour.
- After an hour add some more pomegranate juice with cherries and freeze for another hour or two.
- Healthy yet tasty popsicles would be ready after 2 hours
#3. YUMMY SKEWER SALAD-
- 1 Large cucumber.sliced into large cubes
- ½ cup grapes
- ½ cup baby tomatoes, cut into half
- 1 Banana sliced
- 4-5 pineapple slices
- Half muskmelon sliced
- ½ beetroot ,sliced
For the Dressing-
- Half cup hung curd
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 /2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Take a skewer and firstly add a piece of cucumber.
- Then add some kiwi slices, grapes,baby tomatoes,banana,beetroot and muskmelon.
- Repeat the same for the other 3 skewers too.
- Place all the skewers in a plate and top it up with the salad dressing that you made.
- Yummy skewer salad is ready.
#4. HEALTHY BELL PEPPER PIZZA-
- 1 Large green capsicum
- ¼ th cup pizza sauce(home-made)(Tomatoes,garlic,black pepper, herbs and salt)
- 1/4th cup broccoli florets
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese/cheddar cheese(low-fat)
- 2 Tbsp grated carrots
- Oregano or basil to sprinkle
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 1 Tsp Olive oil
- Slice the green bell pepper into 4 slices, basically slice from 4 sides.
- Now apply the pizza sauce.
- Add the cheese, followed by all the veggies mentioned in the ingredients.
- In a non-stick pan apply little oil and place the bell pepper slice.
- Put on a lid and keep the flame low.
- After 5 minutes check as to whether the cheese has melted, if not keep it for 5 more minutes.
- If it has melted then remove it from fire and then sprinkle black pepper powder, chilli flakes and oregano/basil.
#5. PEANUT BUTTER AND GREEK YOGURT DIP
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp grated apple
- 1 tsp finely chopped apricot
- ½ tsp honey
- A pinch of black salt
How to Prepare Method:
Mix together all the ingredients and give it to our little one with some fresh chopped fruits, carrot sticks/cucumber sticks or it can be consumed as it is.
Did you like any of the recipes here , please do leave your commetns, in the comments section below.
| May 22, 2017
Hi Canisha,You have to coax him into eating new dishes. Whenever you child is playing or doing something else you can just try and put a morsel in his mouth. Most of the times,kids would eat only if the dish looks appealing and has colorful ingredients. Just play around those line and your child would surely change his mind :)