Hepatitis Virus Causes, Protection Tips for Your Child
Created by Dr Himani Narula Khanna Updated on Mar 21, 2021
Hepatitis Virus: All You Should Know! With your little one slowly building his immunity system, his body is susceptible to catching different viral infections. Hepatitis is one of the major concerns that plague parents. Although there are vaccinations available to safeguard against Hepatitis, very little is known about its types, how it spreads, symptoms and results of the infection. To bring to light these important facts, we spoke with our pediatrician Dr. Himani Khanna, on the subject of the Hepatitis virus, its causes and how we can protect our children from it. Here are the excerpts.
What Is Hepatitis & Types Of Hepatitis?
Hepatitis is inflammation of liver post viral infection. There are two types of hepatitis -- acute and chronic.
- Acute hepatitis occurs when it lasts for less than six months
- Chronic hepatitis occurs when it persists for a longer time
Hepatitis may present with symptoms of jaundice, anorexia (loss of hunger), vomiting and malaise or uneasiness, pain in abdomen, passage of dark colored urine and light stools.
How Can We Protect Our Children From This Illness?
Hepatitis A and E infections can be prevented by eating healthy and nutritious food and drink clean and pure water,whereas hepatitis B, C and D can be prevented by using sterile needles and sterile medical equipment. [Know More: How to Be safe from Nipah Virus?]
What Are The Vaccinations Available?
- Hepatitis B vaccine and Hepatitis A vaccines are available. Hepatitis B vaccination schedule starts soon after birth and 2 doses are given before 6 months of age
- Hepatitis A vaccination can be given to all children after 1 year of age
- No vaccine is available for hepatitis C however prevention from hepatitis B indirectly is preventive
Which One Is More Concerning Out Of A, B, And C?
- The most common type among these is hepatitis A infection, which has a femoral route of spread and hence ingestion of food, water, or other objects contaminated with fecal matter from someone who has the infection (even in very, very tiny amounts) can lead to infection. Post-infection child may be sick for a few weeks to a few months and they mostly recover with no lasting liver damage. It is rarely fatal
- Hepatitis B infection is caused by direct contact with.
- Body fluids (blood, saliva, and so on) from someone who has the infection
- By sharing personal items that have been contaminated with his blood such as toothbrushes, razors, or glucose monitors
- An infected mother can pass it to her baby at birth
Post-infection child may be sick for a few weeks to a few months, while some others may not have any symptoms. About one forth may go on to have a chronic infection.
What Is The Best Cure For Hepatitis?
Prevention is the best cure of Hepatitis virus, along with maintaining a hygienically healthy environment. So take extra care to offer only the healthiest, most nutritious and hygienic food to your little one. Make sure the water he drinks is clean. And get his vaccinations on time! After all, prevention is the best cure.
Did you find our blog on Hepatitis virus useful? Share your feedback with us in the comments section!
| Jul 23, 2019
My sister almost died of CHRONIC HEPATITIS B, she suffered rips pain, swollen stomach, tiredness, headache and more as symptoms of the ailment. The hospital said her liver was in danger and they couldn’t help, and out of frustration I went online looking for solution to help my sister, and I came across Dr. Iyabiye’s herbal recommendation, I contacted him and explain in details the medical condition of my sister. I order for the medication and the pains was gone, she was totally cured after the herbal treatment. So, I came back here to testify of his herbal medication. Doctor’s contact: (Whatsapp: +2348072229413 call:+2348158577300) email: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail. com
| Jun 19, 2021
Big thanks to Dr. Iyabiye who treated/cure my brother of chronic HEPATITIS B and Liver Cirrhosis. My brother was diagnosed of the disease last year and will try several antiviral medications but they were all to no avail. At a point my brother developed swollen stomach and loss of appetite, I went online out of frustration for a new medication and I came across this doctor’s recommendation. I reached out to him and my brother was cured after the completion of the medicine and tested negative at the hospital. Dr. iyabiye’s contact: +234-815-857-7300 and email: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail. com