15 months - 12 Years Child Immunization Calendar
Created by Parentune Support Updated on Nov 15, 2019
This is the current recommended immunization Calendar 2012; for a child between 15 months to 12 Years by the Indian Academy of Pediatrics.
Varicella: The risk of breakthrough varicella is lower if given 15 months onwards.
16 - 18 Months:
The first booster (4th dose) may be administered as early as age 12 months, provided at least 6 months have elapsed since the third dose.
Hepatitis A: For both killed and live hepatitis-A vaccines 2 doses are recommended
Typhoid: Typhoid revaccination every 3 years, if the Vipolysaccharide vaccine is used.
4.5 - 5 Years:
MMR: the 2nd dose can be given at anytime 4-8 weeks after the 1st dose.
Varicella: the 2nd dose can be given at anytime 3 months after the 1st dose.
10 - 12 Years:
Tdap: is preferred to Td followed by Td every 10 years.
HPV: Only for females, 3 doses at 0, 1-2 (depending on brands) and 6 months.
IAP Recommended Vaccines
IAP recommended vaccines for High-risk* children (Vaccines under special circumstances). Further to the above Indian Academy of Pediatrics also recommends the following:
- Influenza Vaccine
- Meningococcal Vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
- Cholera Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine (PPSV 23)
High-risk category of children:
- Congenital or acquired immunodeficiency (including HIV infection),
- Chronic cardiac, pulmonary (including asthma if treated with prolonged high-dose oral corticosteroids), hematologic, renal (including nephrotic syndrome), liver disease and diabetes mellitus
- Children on long term steroids, salicylates, immunosuppressive or radiation therapy
- Diabetes mellitus, Cerebrospinal fluid leak, Cochlear implant, Malignancies,
- Children with functional/ anatomic asplenia/ hypoplasia
- During disease outbreaks • Laboratory personnel and healthcare workers
| Apr 07, 2014
My daughter is 3 yrs old. Is it necessary to give her meningococcal vaccine? She's not in the risks categories given here. Is dis vaccine optional?
| Jan 09, 2014
Thanks alot for the very useful information
| Oct 21, 2013
Thanks for sharing the information.
| May 08, 2013
Very useful. I will save the information. Thank you Administrator.