4 Food Options/Recipes for Your 6 Months Baby
Created by Huda Shaikh Updated on Feb 02, 2021
The first 6 months, breast milk is considered to be the best, but post that your baby grows very quickly and needs a good dose of energy and essential nutrients. Read on to learn some quick, easy food recipes.
4 Food Options For Your 6 Months Baby
Here are some simple baby food ideas that you can start giving a 5-6-month old kid(s) in the initial days of weaning. Must check now.
#1. Carrot Soup:
Carrot Soup Ingredient & preparation method is given here. Give it a try
|Peeled & Chopped Carrots||2 pieces|
Carrot Soup Preparation Method
- In a pressure cooker combine together the roughly chopped carrots and 1 cup of water and cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Now switch off the flame and hold the whistle till all the steam escapes
- Let it cool, then blend it with the help of an electric /hand blender
- Strain it with the help of a plastic strainer, add to a bowl and feed your baby
- Make sure it is not too warm, and do not add salt, sugar and spices at this stage.
#2. Banana Milk Mash Recipe:
Banana Milk Mash Ingredient & preparation method is given here. Give it a try.
|Medium Size Banana||1 pieces|
|Breast Milk||2 Tablespoon|
How to Prepare Banana Milk Mash
- Peel the banana and mash it well
- Now add the milk and mix properly
- Feed it to your baby immediately
#3. Oats Apple Porridge:
Oats apple porridge recipe ingredient & preparation method is given here. Give it a try
|Oats Apple Porridge Ingredients||Quantity|
|Powdered Oats (fully heaped)||1 Tablespoon|
|Pureed Apple||1 Piece|
|Water||1-2 Cups (depending on the consistency you like))|
Method of Preparation
- In a bowl, add water and the oats
- Let the oats thicken for a while.
- Peel the apple, chop it and puree it in a blender
- Once the oats have thickened, add the pureed apple
- Mix well. Add more water if required; make sure that the puree is not too thick
- Let it cool down for some while and then feed it to your baby
#4. Ragi Porridge:
Ragi porridge recipe ingredient & preparation method is given here. Give it a try
|Ragi Porridge Ingredients||Quantity|
|Ragi flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Formula Milk (as per suggestion)||2 Tablespoon|
How to Prepare Ragi Porridge
- In a saucepan, add water and bring it to boil. Then add the ragi flour
- Stir and make sure that there are no lumps
- Cook on low flame till the mixture thickens
- Once the mixture has thickened, the switch of the flame, let it cool down for some time and then add milk
- Feed it to your baby when fresh
Tell us your quick recipes to feed your 6-month-old in the comments below!
| Apr 07, 2017
Hi dears... my baby is 5 month old n 3 weeks.. Am giving her ragi porridge combined with roasted rice powder, gram flour (pottukadalai roasted). 1tsb rice powder, 1tsp ragi, 1/2tsp gram flour mixed well with water to a paste. The paste to b cooked with boiled water till semisolid consistency arrives. A piece of jaggery n few drops of ghee can b added for taste. Baby would love it to have.. Also very healthy. It s easily digestible. Plz make sure the utensils used for baby food are sterilized in boiled water..
| Apr 19, 2017
hi Jyoti Pandey, you can add salt and sugar a pinch if you had started the solids. see if your baby adopt with the natural taste of the foods. do not give a toned cow's milk till your baby touches 1year, it cant be digestible . you can BF or formula milk to your baby.
| May 12, 2017
I have been giving Ragi porridge to my 6. 5 months little one from the past two weeks. shez absolutely fine with it and eagerly leans towards her food bowl. But my mom insists not to feed raagi to her till she completes her nine months of age. Her statement is that raagi and oats would create digestion problem. she even says that these recipes will give adverse effects all of a sudden, especially after a couple of months after we start feeding her. I am confused. please help me
| Jun 06, 2017
Hi Kavita, my Pediatrician recommended to make the ragi flour at home. Soak the ragi seeds for 6-8 hrs, remove the water and let them sprout. Now, dry them in the Sun, roast slightly to remove excess water and let that be cooled. You can grind it in a mixer to make fine powder and use this to make porridge
| Aug 21, 2017
Hi, on doctors recommendation I have started semi solids for my 5 month old. He is not much against mashed fruits but feeding him home made rice cerelac or ragi sheera is a challenge. I did not dilute these with formula milk because I want to take him away from factory made food towards natural food. I made the cereals of dosa batter consistency. is the consistency right? What else can I do to encourage him to have cereals
| Sep 04, 2017
my baby is three months old now. she is preterm baby at 32 .5 weeks. she is pooping very often and it's very much in liquid type. she is only on breastfeeding. we are worried why it is happening like that. colour is yellow only. we need your suggestion on that. kindly suggest
| Oct 06, 2017
thanks for the recipes