10 Indian Healthy Pregnancy Snacks for Working Expecting Mothers
Created by Huda Shaikh Updated on Jan 07, 2021
Pregnancy is the time when your body tries its best to give maximum nutrition to the growing fetus. Your body constantly needs energy. Hence it is best to break down your meals into 5-6 smaller meals per day instead of consuming 3 big meals. While breakfast, lunch and dinner are important it is equally important to take snack during in these crucial 9 months.
Since heartburn and nausea are common during pregnancy this practice can actually alleviate the symptoms and provide some relief. So go ahead and try out these healthy snacks and carry them along to work in order to keep pregnancy hunger pangs at bay. Our nutritionist Huda Shaikh shares 10 indian snacks for pregnancy that are not only healthy but delicious as well.
Homemade Healthy Snacks Ideas for Pregnant Women
When you’re on the go, juggling work, your gynecologist appointments and various other tasks, your meals might just take a back seat. Here are some ideas or list of healthy snacks for pregnnacy that you can prepare and carry with you.
Corn and peas bhel: Corn is a great source of vitamin A and fiber, and peas are a great source of protein.
- Boil some corn and peas and keep aside
- In a pan add a little oil, cumin seeds and let it crackle
- Now add in the corn, peas, turmeric powder,red chili powder and rock salt
- Cook for 2 mins and pack it for your snacking time
Sweet potato chaat: Sweet potato is a great source of fiber and vitamin A.
- Boil some sweet potato and keeps it aside
- Now in a bowl, add onion, chopped green chilies,cumin powder,rock salt,lemon juice,grated ginger and chopped coriander
- Add the boiled and chopped sweet potato chunks to the bowl. Mix well
Cucumber and carrot salad sticks with hung curd dip: Get your dose of fiber and protein with this option.
- Simple chop the veggies and serve with a hung curd dip
- Add dill leaves,crushed garlic,black pepper powder and oregano to the hung curd.Your dip is ready.Simply to prepare and convenient to carry
Apple or pear with peanut butter: This is another fiber and protein packed snack.
- Simply cut an apple or a pear and apply some peanut butter over it
- You can also sprinkle crushed almonds on top
Pregnancy is the time when your body tries its best to give maximum nutrition to the growing fetus. Your body constantly needs energy. Hence it is best to break down your meals into 5-6 smaller meals per day instead of consuming 3 big meals. And if you happen to be a working mommy then you need to keep binging on some healthy snacks for every 2 hours.
Hope You may Like these as well :
So don’t let your hectic schedule come in the way of your much needed nutrition. Healthy snacks are way easier to prepare than you think. So eat well, and have a great pregnancy!
How do you make sure you healthy snack during pregnancy? Share your tips with us in the comments section