Home remedies to prevent malaria in children
Created by Sakshi Bhatnagar Updated on May 11, 2020
Being a mommy, one of the biggest worries is ensuring that your child stays healthy. But no matter how much you take care of his or her health and hygiene, nasty parasites never miss a chance to attack your beloved kid in one way or another. And the most horrendous of all is probably malaria.
But you need not worry, mommies. Here are some remedies you can use to soothe your child from the negative effects caused from the disease:
1. Clean surroundings:Mosquitoes often breed in unhygienic surroundings, so it’s always advisable to keep your surroundings neat and clean. Make sure water doesn’t stagnate at places. Even if your child has already caught the disease, surroundings must be kept clean.
2. Cold pack: High fever is always dreadful in malaria. Apply a cold pack to keep the high temperatures at bay. Take a neat and clean cloth, dip it in cold water and apply it on your child's forehead. Repeat this activity at least thrice a week.
3. Lukewarm water: Malaria is known to cause chills and shivering along with high temperatures, so opt for lukewarm water at bath times.
4. Some foods that are known be helpful in curing malaria are:
Cinnamon is known to be very effective in the prevention of malaria. Add some cinnamon powder and black pepper powder to a glass of water and bring the solution to a boil. You can also pour in some drops of honey(optional). Make your kid drink this solution atleast twice a day.
- Ginger: Another effective ingredient, ginger is known to treatmany health problems, and fortunately malaria also. Boil some ginger slices with water and honey and give this solution to your child daily for a week. This will help in bringing the temperature down and will also cure any cough and cold if present.
- Lemon: Lemon also helps in curing malaria! Take lukewarm water and add a few drops of lemon to it accompanied by sugar and rock salt. Give this solution to your child.
- Basil leaves: Needless to say basil leaves are well known for their medicinal value.Make a concoction of basil leaves, black pepper powder and very little sugar in half a litre of water. This will help in bringing the fever down.
So mommies you can try these remedies to provide relief to your kid when s/he is going through the worst.But keep in mind, these hone remedies should not— at any cost — be replaced with professional medical care!
Do you have any effective tips on how to prevent malaria in children? We’d love to know. Tell us in the comments below!
| May 19, 2017
Hi Akhila..... you can make a concoction of ginger honey and tulsi..... Just mix half a teaspoon of ginger juice in one teaspoon of honey and grind two three leaves of tulsi in it.... Give this concoction to your kid twice for five days and you will see the difference. But remember one thing don't give in too much quantity.