Homemade Mosquito Repellent to Protect Your Baby
Created by Debopriya Updated on May 06, 2020
The single biggest concern of a new mom is to protect her baby under all the circumstances. Isn’t it yours too? I can hear a big ‘yes’ from all the moms. And protecting your little one from the bites of mosquitoes is one such concern, as mosquitoes are not only carriers of some dreadful diseases like malaria, encephalitis, dengue, chikungunya, among others but they may cause skin rashes, itchy bumps, redness, inflammation and even allergic reactions to your child.
Hence it is imperative that you protect your little ones from these tiny blood-sucking monsters.
Homemade Herbal Mosquito Repellent
But wait, you don’t need commercial mosquito repellents that are available in the market. In fact, it is high time that you consider a better alternative; a natural mosquito repellent that smells wonderful is effective and takes only minutes to whip up.
Mosquito Repellent Ingredients:
And all it needs is few pure essential oils and natural ingredients to prepare an herbal mosquito repellent.
|Ingredients||Quantity (in ml)|
|Coconut Oil (Nariyal ka Tel)||100 ml|
|Citronella Oil or Lemongrass Oil (Gucchh ka Tel)||10 ml|
|Neem Oil (Neem ka Tel)||20 ml|
|Eucalyptus Oil (Nilgiri ka Tel)||10 ml|
|Clove Oil (Laung ka Tel)||10 ml|
|Tea Tree Essential Oil||10 ml|
|Castor Oil (Arandi ka Tel)||20 ml|
|Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)||20 ml|
|Camphor / Camphor Oil||10 -12 Tablets /10 ml|
- Take a glass bottle, preferably washed and dried well.
- Mix all the above natural oils in the bottle per the quantities mentioned above.
- Crush the camphor tablets into a fine powder and add it to the oil mixture.
- Shake the bottle vigorously and our natural homemade mosquito repellent is ready to use.
- Apply the mixture to all the exposed parts of the body and repeat the application in every 1-2 hours.
- This oil can be applied to clothes, bed sheets, and other fabrics. Direct application on the skin is not recommended for safety reasons.
- A mosquito repellent patch can be prepared by using a band-aid and pouring a few drops of this oil on it.
- A mosquito repellent band can be made by soaking a piece of cotton cloth in the oil and tying it around the wrists or ankles. 5. This oil can be used as a lamp oil to keep our house mosquito-free.
- Make sure you shake the bottle well before every use as the camphor powder tends to sediment at the bottom.
- Store the bottle in a cool, damp free, dark place and avoid direct sunlight.
- Prepare small quantity at a time and use it up quickly for best results.
Important Note: This homemade mosquito repellent is strictly for external application only. Please take precautions to ensure that the mosquito repellent doesn't reach your child's mouth.
Please share your feedback and ideas in the comments section below. I would love to hear from you.