Quick-made Vegan Recipes for Growing Child
Created by Huda Shaikh Updated on Jan 11, 2019
‘Vegan’ is a word that denotes exclusion of meat, meat products, milk, and milk products, eggs and honey – basically no animal and animal-related byproducts. As we all gear up to celebrate World Vegan day on 1st of November, here are some quick, interesting and yummy vegan recipes for your growing child.
As a vegan family, you sure are eating healthy but there are ways to add an interesting tweak to your everyday fare. Every year on 1st November, we celebrate "World Vegan Day". Our blogger and dietitian Huda Shaikh shares with you some yummy and easy-do vegan recipes.
Easy & Delicious Vegan Meal Recipes
Our blogger and dietitian Huda Shaikh shares with you some yummy and easy to prepare vegan meal recipes for your preschoolers. Must try these vegan recipes & feed in dinner, breakfast etc.
#1. Tofu Veggie Toast
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1 tbsp chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp chopped capsicum
- 2 tbsp mint coriander chutney
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 2 tbsp crumbled tofu
- 2 small cloves of garlic, chopped
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Mixed herbs to taste
- Oil, as required
- Combine grated carrot, tomato, capsicum, crumbled tofu, garlic, spring onion, black pepper, salt and herbs in a bowl.
- Take a slice of whole wheat bread and cut the sides. Now cut the bread into two triangular halves, repeat the same process with the other bread slice too.
- Apply mint chutney on each triangular slice and add on the veg mix.
- On a non-stick pan, apply very little oil and cover the pan with a lid until the bread turns brown on the underside.
- Once brown, serve with mint chutney and a hint of tomato sauce.
#2. Mini Beetroot Capsicum Uttapam
- 1 cup dosa batter
- 4 tbsp grated beetroot
- 3 tbsp chopped capsicum
- Turmeric powder (Haldi), ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder, ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil, 2 tsp
- Grate the beetroot and chop the capsicum into fine pieces.
- In a non-stick pan, add few drops of oil and sauté grated beetroot and capsicum with turmeric and red chili powder. Add salt. Do not overcook.
- Remove the veggies from the pan and let the veggies cool down.
- In the same pan, pour a spoon of dosa batter to make a mini uttapam and let it cook for some time. Make sure it is thick and spongy – when holes start appearing on the top, sprinkle the veg mixture and cover it with a lid.
- Flip it and drizzle little oil to make sure it does not stick to the sides. Repeat the same process for other uttapams.
- The uttapam would start lifting up from the sides once cooked.
#3. Strawberry Oats Laddoo Lollipop
- 4 tbsp rawa (semolina/suji)
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 tsp raisins
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp chopped mixed nuts( cashew, almond, pistachios, and walnuts)
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- Strawberries, 5-6
- 1 tbsp beetroot grated
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Blend together the strawberries and beetroot with little sugar and almond milk.
- Add the oats and blend into a thick paste.
- Heat butter in a pan and add mixed nuts and raisins. Roast the nuts for some time and remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add semolina and roast well for about 5 minutes.
- Now stir in the strawberry beet mixture and cardamom powder.
- Add in some almond milk if the mixture does not bind. Make sure the mixture is not to dry or not too soggy.
- Once done take off the heat and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Now make small round balls out of it and place it on a small stick and make a lollipop out of it.
#4. Fruity Bread Slice
- 1 banana sliced
- 4-5 chopped Strawberries,
- 2 chopped kiwis,
- 1 apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp, grated tofu
- 1 tsp, roasted nuts (chopped finely)
- 2 oats bread slices (check out a bakery)
- 1 tbsp, almond milk
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients except for almond milk.
- Now cut the bread into small round slices with the help of around bread cutter. Toast the bread on the pan for few minutes from both the sides till crispy.
- Pour some apple almond milk on top of the bread slice, and add the fruits. Repeat the same procedure with the other slice.
- The fruity bread slice is ready.
- Refrigerate it for 15 minutes and serve.
Hope you like. Pls feedback with comments, likes & shares
Top Food and Nutrition Blogs
Top Food and Nutrition Talks
Top Food and Nutrition question